Honored Contributor

Re: Who is your complexion double?

@Sooner wrote:

I have very fair, neutral colored skin.  So makeup is hard because it is either too pink or too yellow--so I mix two shades and it works out.  I am not the lightest shades, but never up into medium either. 

I don't knw of any colors that look really bad on me.  Maybe something the color of my skin. . . 

Sounds like me @Sooner . When I read people pushing seasonal color analysis it always goes over my head. I am neutral and can wear any color that appeals to me. I don't like certain colors so I just avoid them. Since I have no idea anymore who is who on QVC and don't buy their clothing, I can't name anyone I identify with as far as coloring.

Honored Contributor

Complexion:  I'm very fair / neutral coloring, light green eyes and brown (morphing into gray) hair.  

I can't relate to any of the hosts or models .... 

I'm fairly confident in my choice of colors - I know which colors get the most reaction when I wear them.  The mirror is the biggest influence on what colors I wear. 

• I "try" new colors by getting myself a ball of yarn and making a scarf.   Least expensive way to go and if it works - I have myself a new scarf.  If it doesn't work - Goodwill gets a scarf in my nexxt donation bag.

----------------------------

Body Shape:

I'm not as tall or as thin as Katia - but generally the same shape - narrow body and wide shoulders.  If she's modeling something I miight be interested in buyng - I always look to see how it fits at the shoulders, how it hangs from the shoulders and how it fits through the hips. 

I prefer to accent my "T" shape in all my clothes. 

Honored Contributor

Complexion I have no idea.  I'm fair and I wear a neutral foundation.  I have found all the foundations on QVC/HSN seem to have yellow undertones so I have given up on them.  I'm pretty good at knowing what colors work for me clothing-wise, but it would be nice to know a model or host that shared my coloring so I could judge lip colors.  I know I can't wear a lippie that has any peach/orange tone in it at all, but it's hard to tell sometimes since the colors might not show true on the TV or computer screen.

As far as sizing, I would go with Colleen on HSN although she is a lot more busty and has skinnier and longer legs, but then most all the hosts and models have skinnier legs unless they are a larger size model.  Speaking of legs, I can tell immediately that I can't wear a slim pant if it fits the hosts and skinny models.  They will be like sausage casings on my legs.  I prefer HSN sizing over the Q's, and generally if Colleen says she is in a certain size, that is the size I would expect to fit me unless she sizes up to fit her bust.  In that case I would wear a size smaller than she is.  

I don't think I have ever seen a stocky build model.  Stocky is not the same as large or fat.  I may have a 30" waist, but I also have visible abs.

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

Body/shape?
I am referring to the models or perhaps a host.

I was inspired by the color thread. Most of us would prefer to see the garments on a human being and not hanger. Is there somebody with similar coloring to you that helps you decide if a shade will work? Is there someone who is shaped or proportion is similar to yours and inspires a purchase?

For instants I was considering a shade of brown, which is rarely complementary to me, from Lisa Rinna but when I went to item page young Jill was modeling the brown shade and I knew it wouldn't work! 
Jen and I are not the same height but do have similar proportions AND she frequently tucks

Is there a model or host that gives you a general idea of how something might look on you?

No one on the Q is my complexion double

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo 

Probably Amanda, although BF thinks she might be a tad more fair.

No description available.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Andreatoo 

Probably Amanda, although BF thinks she might be a tad more fair.

No description available.

@lolakimono

I defer to Amanda too when I see her. Neither of them can wear any color like some of the other models

Honored Contributor

I think I'm a medium-light, with reddish undertones.

The red (I'm guessing) because I haven't worn face makeup in at least a year or so.  Because of wearing masks outdoors, etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Courtney K. I'm small like her, same height, olive skin and I also have long dark hair. When I see her with the clothes on then it gives me a pretty good idea about how they would look on me.

Respected Contributor

Complexion I go with Shawn...except when she wears the self tanner which she has really cut down on. 

Sizing Jackie - she says she's a large. If she's on, I look at the item on her and if it looks snug; I feel she and I could go up to the XLarge and I order that. If Rebecca's on; she says she's XL and I judge it from there.

Esteemed Contributor

The host closest to my coloring, age and body is Pat DeMentri. The picture of her on the host page shows her w/ a tan, blonde hair and brown eyes. I think I'm probably a bit bustier and slimmer than Pat ... but she is by far, leagues ahead of me in looks. She's beautiful - I am not beautiful. I'm not unattractive, just not beautiful like Pat is.

She also seems to be a nicer person than me ... or at least she plays a nicer person on the teevee than I am in real life. Smiley Happy 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."