Honored Contributor

Re: Who is venturing out into B&M stores in the morning?

@queendiva wrote:

Talbots at 7 a.m. when the doors open. A mile from my house. One item 50% off, then on to TJ Maxx. I need a gift for tomorrow noon. We are having our mini Christmas family lunch tomorrow.  DS is  leaving on Sunday and will be out of the country until July.

@queendiva- Talbots is on my agenda for today also!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Not me! I did it once and that was once too many! I don't like fighting crowds, driving forever to find a parking place, standing in line for ages in checkout, all shopping carts in use, etc.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

My mom and I went out last night and had a great time. We both found some great deals in Macy's. I have to laugh when QVC hosts tell us to stay home and shop with them becsuse.......they have everything you need, avoid crowds and pushing and shoving, avoid parking, better prices, etc. I find the exact opposite out there. A very pleasant experience and great deals! So far I've bought nothing from QVC for Christmas.
Trusted Contributor

My DH and I went to our local Target last night to get a TV, but they were already gone.  We came home and ordered one online from Walmart (free shipping to the store).  I did not go out today. 

Esteemed Contributor

Even though I'm in Canada and our thanksgiving holiday is in October, retailers have embraced the black friday shopping experience in store and online. I went to a local mall this afternoon in Canada and it was fairly busy. The santa village was set up earlier this week and Santa arrived on Wednesday. I didn't buy anything but at least I looked around.

Esteemed Contributor

Not me!   On Black Friday I always stay home to put up the Christmas tree and decorations. No sale on earth is worth the traffic jams and hordes of people in the stores.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt