New Contributor

Re: Who is unhappy with the insane QVC shipping rates

" First of all Do NOT pay Extra for a faster delivery. Paid for the RED an extra $38. web site states if order is placed before noon item ships same day and the EDD was the next day. My item did not ship until the day it was suppose to be delivered. I was refunded a partial shipping fee. But since the tv was a birthday gift and did not arrive when it was suppose made no difference. QVC, was not concerned with the stress this caused. HSN had at least offered me a credit on a future purchase when an item came delayed. All QVC said was we'll apply this experience in future training. Was not looking for a full refund or a free anything, but the shallowness I was shown from a million/billion $ company is pathetic. I was told that items such as this are shipped directly from vendor and require extra processing time. Well QVC maybe that should be stated clearly for people when making a purchase. So So disappointed. Still haven't received item, supposedly Monday Now.

Honored Contributor

I'm only buying Linea and a little bit from Dr. Denese at QVC now. The prices and shipping prices are ridiculous. Even Denim & Co. tops come to $50.-$60. with shipping and I'm not crazy about the fit and quality so I don't order. I'm shopping a lot at Amazon and also Macy's. At Macy's I get free shipping; free returns and usually 20% off on clothing with their coupon codes. Also, I can easily return at a store which is only 3 or 4 miles from me. The returns are so easy--they don't even ask why you are returning an item. Macy's has good sales too.

Regular Contributor

Before I buy anything from QVC (especially shoes) I shop around the internet.... shoes.com, shoebuy..... onlineshoes...etc. They are all free shipping and some are free shipping returns. AND they are almost always MUCH MUCH cheaper than QVC. THe only advantage to buy from QVC is the fact you can wear them for a month and return. The on line store....you can't wear them and then return.

Esteemed Contributor

I am ordering less and less here. And shipping and handling is very high in other places too. This X-mas I shopped at LL.Bean who always gives free shipping with every order.

Valued Contributor

They have some of the slowest shipping and crediting your account on returns. I will watch VPH but pretty much done shopping with QVC. The prices of everything has gone up and they offer no real sales. 27 years of shopping and they can depend on other people to keep them in business. The lack of variety in programming doesn't even make me want to ""window shop"".

Honored Contributor

On 1/11/2015 I said:

Before I buy anything from QVC (especially shoes) I shop around the internet.... shoes.com, shoebuy..... onlineshoes...etc. They are all free shipping and some are free shipping returns. AND they are almost always MUCH MUCH cheaper than QVC. THe only advantage to buy from QVC is the fact you can wear them for a month and return. The on line store....you can't wear them and then return.

ITA

I always check shoemall, online shoes, shoe buy and shoes.com before I buy ANY shoes from QVC. Lots of coupon codes out there regularly and always free shipping. I think one even allows free return shipping.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

LOL Didn't know this was an old thead. I already posted on this.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/24/2014 insomniac said:

I guess I'm one of the few who isn't bothered by s/h charges. I'm willing to pay for the convenience.

Some can't afford it~

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Regular Contributor

On 1/11/2015 Matty6 said:

{#emotions_dlg.w00t} I am ordering less and less here. And shipping and handling is very high in other places too. This X-mas I shopped at LL.Bean who always gives free shipping with every order.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Not only is LL Bean's shipping free, it was SUPER fast this year! Things would be at my door within 3 days of ordering. I was very pleased. You also cannot beat their return policy-they guarantee their items for LIFE, no questions asked.

Regular Contributor

On 1/11/2015 emmysmom said:
On 11/24/2014 insomniac said:

I guess I'm one of the few who isn't bothered by s/h charges. I'm willing to pay for the convenience.

Some can't afford it~

Also, how is buying from the Q and paying high shipping any more "convenient" than buying from another website that offers free shipping?