Respected Contributor

Re: Who is unhappy with the insane QVC shipping rates

I don't order as much for the Q as I used to due to the high S&H charges but I do still order from them. It must be working for them to continue with these high charges. Most of the Xmas presents that I ordered so far were from other companies they all offered free shipping and handling, some you had to spend a certain amount of money, but at least they were offering it. I even got 10-20% off extra too from some companies. Maybe it's their easy pay and being able to return items until the end of January that's appealing to some people.

Honored Contributor

I shop around before buying from QVC. HSN has so many free shipping offers. Why doesn't QVC do the same?

Esteemed Contributor

I agree, the high shipping at QVC has stopped me from ordering more than once. I check prices for the total ticket and more and more, I buy somewhere else, because the shipping tips the balance.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

If you're comparing to HSN, I've noticed higher shipping there too. Free shipping doesn't do me much good if it's on items I'm not interested in.

Esteemed Contributor

Off the chain.

I took a look at just what's been presented today for some examples:

ED scarf (thin rayon scarf) $5.97

Bare Minerals serum ONE ounce bottle $5.47

Berkshire throw (thin velour) $7.22

Turbie twist (headband) $6.47

Catawba set of 3 socks $6.47

If I'd put all of these into one cart and bought it would be 31.00 in shipping. Does anyone think it would cost the Q anywhere near that to send these items to me?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

On 11/24/2014 gardensla said:

Off the chain.

If I'd put all of these into one cart and bought it would be 31.00 in shipping. Does anyone think it would cost the Q anywhere near that to send these items to me?

No, it wouldn't cost that much…..if they packed them all in one box. But that's not the way it works Each item will come separately, probably from different locations.

Respected Contributor

I guess I'm one of the few who isn't bothered by s/h charges. I'm willing to pay for the convenience.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/24/2014 Krimpette said:
On 11/24/2014 gardensla said:

Off the chain.

No, it wouldn't cost that much…..if they packed them all in one box. But that's not the way it works Each item will come separately, probably from different locations.

That's not the point. It would not cost the Q anywhere near 31.00 to send these individually either. As another example, here's some clothing that would be sent in one box (I know because is my exact order and that's how it arrived-in one box):

Linea zip cardigan $6.72

Linea turtleneck $7.22

Linea swing sweater $5.62

Linea jacket $10.72

Linea print top $6.47

Total for shipping was $36.75

Anyone think this is fair?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Super Contributor

I'm pretty much done with shipping also. I ordered a set of 3 Christmas houses on Amazon the other day- free shipping and it arrived in 3 days. You just have think if you really need the product you are ordering from the Q. There are many, many stores in my area that I can go to.

Frequent Contributor

Shame on you, QVC !!! Charging $36.75 for 5 items that arrived in ONE (that's 1 !!!!!!) box is outrageous.