Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who is unhappy with the insane QVC shipping rates

USPS raised its rates this month, and I heard that UPS did also. Vendors like to add insurance into the shipping cost along with delivery confirmations, etc. Sometimes, when we send something back on our own, we take a risk and don't pay for the insurance The amount of the insurance is based upon the cost of the item and not its weight. Also, if you pack something up to mail, the measurements of the box come into play for the rate as well as the delivery zone or zip code. Yes, I check Amazon before I order an item from QVC as I live far from stores. Sometimes, QVC is the winner, and sometimes Amazon is the winner as I check the total costs for both.

There can be specials to move an item, etc. but it isn't only the increased rates, I am also looking at the increased costs of some items compared to last year.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

I'm getting the IT TSV and the 2 items I have wanted over 6 months. Absurd but it's all about making money.

Frequent Contributor

It is a deal breaker when the shipping is so high. The shipping is more profit for them and they also stick it to the vendors. I think the vendors are robbed by QVC when the vendors are paid pennies on the dollar. I don't know what the hosts and personnel are paid, but they take it out on the vendors and the customers. The shipping is way too high. Buy from Amazon. They sell a lot of what they sell and cheaper with no shipping.

Trusted Contributor

The shipping fee is terrible.I only will now buy things that I cannot find elsewhere.I do continue to buy my rika shoes,or clarks if on sale.Not many other items anymore.I can buy local its cheaper also.

Contributor

The rates have really made me stop and think prior to ordering. I understand that everything costs more, however, it's gone a bit over the top here. Hopefully, they will offer reduced rates and free shipping on more items.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/11/2015 luv my Golden said:

It is a deal breaker when the shipping is so high. The shipping is more profit for them and they also stick it to the vendors. I think the vendors are robbed by QVC when the vendors are paid pennies on the dollar. I don't know what the hosts and personnel are paid, but they take it out on the vendors and the customers. The shipping is way too high. Buy from Amazon. They sell a lot of what they sell and cheaper with no shipping.

This is very true (and not only for amazon)!

Occasional Contributor

I find myself shopping less and less at the Q. Their contant repetitive TSVs and the quality and variety of products were initially the impetus. I found that other channel have been building and improving while the Q hasn't. Their costs are higher, the EZ Pays far fewer, their lack of any true sales... A discount of 10% doesn't compare with offers elsewhere. I was astounded at the better pricing to be found and quantity of special pricing, free shipping, payment plans and other incentives to be found. I've shopped at the Q as long as Mary Beth has worked there and for years felt they were the best around and shopped there regularly. Besides this recent increase in shipping costs, which is truly outrageous and makes them way less competitive....their shipping charges were already higher than shopping online and other shopping channels. I think they are convinced they are the best and therefore they dont make an effort to improve.