Frequent Contributor

Re: Who is unhappy with the insane QVC shipping rates

I'm the same as many of you. I will put things in my cart, and have to marinade on them for awhile, as i'm looking elsewhere for better prices and lower shipping costs.

Been using Amazon prime quite a lot lately. Four of my main Christmas gifts came from them, and shipping was free.

Regular Contributor

QVC's shipping rates are ridiculous. The product price may be good, but once you add on the shipping and tax, I can always find the item somewhere else for a better price. But I guess they continue to charge the crazy shipping prices because people will pay!

Honored Contributor

On 12/11/2014 avid shopper said:

Another thought on this subject....some folks, myself included, do not live in a location with limitless choices for shopping. I live an hour away from "big shopping" and when I consider a purchase I also consider what it would cost me to drive round trip to shop for an item. Also, once there - may not find what I want. I have to consider that I will have lunch because as well as no place to shop here we don't have many choices for dining and it has always been part of the shopping trip to eat somewhere special. All that said doesn't mean I can rationalize buying everything I want or see on line. In the days of low gas prices it was wonderful to take the drive, shop, have lunch and maybe not even buy anything. So now, $13 for gas and $15 - $20 for lunch. The bottom line for me is the bottom line. Do I want to spend that amount on that item, all things considered. Nuff said! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

That's a very good point. Thanks for reminding that not everyone lives just down the road from the mall and big box stores.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/11/2014 ValuSkr said:

Another thought on this subject....some folks, myself included, do not live in a location with limitless choices for shopping. I live an hour away from "big shopping" and when I consider a purchase I also consider what it would cost me to drive round trip to shop for an item. Also, once there - may not find what I want. I have to consider that I will have lunch because as well as no place to shop here we don't have many choices for dining and it has always been part of the shopping trip to eat somewhere special. All that said doesn't mean I can rationalize buying everything I want or see on line. In the days of low gas prices it was wonderful to take the drive, shop, have lunch and maybe not even buy anything. So now, $13 for gas and $15 - $20 for lunch. The bottom line for me is the bottom line. Do I want to spend that amount on that item, all things considered. Nuff said! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

That's a very good point. Thanks for reminding that not everyone lives just down the road from the mall and big box stores.

This might be "a good point" or "'nuff said" if driving to a shopping center, parking, and lunching out were the only alternative to shopping on QVC! However, nowadays online shopping is the biggest game in town. There are dozens/hundreds of online sellers (as well as old fashioned catalogs) who will be happy to take your order and ship merchandise conveniently to your door -- often faster, for a better price and much more affordable shipping and handling than QVC offers. Time to update your options!

I've done the vast majority of my holiday shopping online the past two years, and it's the greatest, easiest thing ever! Amazon.com, Overstock.com, Zappos.com, and a host of other cyberstores are just a click away. Easy to shop, easy to learn about products, each to compare prices -- just great!

Frequent Contributor

Processing is slow and shipping rates are a racket!
Frequent Contributor

Their rates are ridiculous! Just made my first purchase in five months as it was free shipping!
Honored Contributor

On 12/11/2014 GoodStuff said:

This might be "a good point" or "'nuff said" if driving to a shopping center, parking, and lunching out were the only alternative to shopping on QVC! However, nowadays online shopping is the biggest game in town. There are dozens/hundreds of online sellers (as well as old fashioned catalogs) who will be happy to take your order and ship merchandise conveniently to your door -- often faster, for a better price and much more affordable shipping and handling than QVC offers. Time to update your options!

I've done the vast majority of my holiday shopping online the past two years, and it's the greatest, easiest thing ever!

You make a good point too. There are so many online options that offer free shipping. Q isn't even competitive.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/11/2014 GoodStuff said:

I've done the vast majority of my holiday shopping online the past two years, and it's the greatest, easiest thing ever!

Guess I did not express my opinion well enough...

"Nuff said" is in reverence to me stopping my rant - not to insinuate that the conversation is over.

I am quite familiar with ALL online shopping and though I did not refer to it, my opinion refers to QVC and all online....it ends up being the bottom line.

I did enjoy the "old days" experience of going shopping for the day...and I mean all day...it was an event and special...done once or twice a year, not every day.

Nuff Said!{#emotions_dlg.lol}

I enjoyed those old mall-shopping days too, and often spent long days browsing through my local mall! But now I'm older and have more appreciation for convenience and efficiency.......and there really are a lot of options for those who no longer care to visit shopping centers in person, or who don't live near good shopping. It isn't a choice between "shop QVC" or "drive to the mall".

No disrespect intended. My point is simply that for those who no longer want to shop in person and take on the expense and inconvenience that go along with it, there are many great, convenient, competitive options in addition to QVC! Obviously, each of us will decide where we want to spend our shopping dollars.

Wherever you buy your gifts, I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas!

Honored Contributor

Goodstuff.

ITA. I am an online shopper. Where years ago (1989-2001) 95% of my shopping was QVC. I live in a small town with limited choices. We do have the outlet center, but I don't really care for that. I shop online and rarely pay shipping! There are many choices out there, especially skin care and cosmetics that sell many places besides QVC. Every place I shop offers at least a 30 day money back option.

Some shipping fees I do not mind, but 8.50 for a mascara or eye pencil? QVC charges shipping by the EACH. Not flat rate like most. That is what I resent.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/11/2014 shoekitty said:

Goodstuff.

ITA. I am an online shopper. Where years ago (1989-2001) 95% of my shopping was QVC. I live in a small town with limited choices. We do have the outlet center, but I don't really care for that. I shop online and rarely pay shipping! There are many choices out there, especially skin care and cosmetics that sell many places besides QVC. Every place I shop offers at least a 30 day money back option.

Some shipping fees I do not mind, but 8.50 for a mascara or eye pencil? QVC charges shipping by the EACH. Not flat rate like most. That is what I resent.

I totally agree. It's so easy to search products and compare prices online -- and so many places offer free shipping now, or low flat rates. I am really shocked that so many people continue to pay QVC's very high per item S&H rates. There aren't very many other places who have the nerve even to try anything like that! Unless you're just a die-hard habitual QVC shopper who wants to shop QVC "no matter what", its past time to shop around!