Occasional Contributor

Re: Who is unhappy with the insane QVC shipping rates

If you think shipping is high, you should have my situation. on 11/13 I called in to order a duraflame heater to be sent to son & dil to re place one recalled last year and another item to be sent to me. all was fine, we both got our orders. Later that eve I ordered the HP printer w/free shipping. Guess where it was shipped!!!! My permanent shipping address was change to my son's. By the time I realized it the printer was sold out, so he sent it to me to the TUNE OF $45.80. CS told me to write a letter with the receipt and good luck. GOOD LUCK, I have been shopping since '92 and have spent a fortune with them. If I do not get reimbursed for their mistake I will never shop again. I talked to CS 2 x's to make sure the address was correct and when I called in the other eve it was back to his. No clue what is going on.

Honored Contributor

Except for the IM pink down coat and the Lamo boots, I haven't ordered much from QVC in awhile mainly due to shipping. I just checked my order screen. I have those 2 above-mentioned items and an IT TSV. I think that's been it for some time now. S/H stops me.

I just ordered IT buki brushes with coupon and NO shipping on their site. It saved me probably $14.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Frequent Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I just sent back something to HSN, and it was credited immediately. Love that. Also they gave me $6.95 credit for something called "spendable cash". There was nothing wrong with the item I sent back, so I was expecting to pay the shipping fee. On my next order they deduct $6.95. It is something new I am assuming when you send something back they give you back what you spent on shipping. That is what I was told by CS there. Amazing.!

Frequent Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}Check out Carolyn Pollack website, she has fantastic sales this week. A few of the things she has are exact or very close to what qvc has at a much discounted rate.. Just saying. On thanksgiving I got a pair of earrings on her site, 30 percent off, no shipping, no tax, no handling charge. Same item.

Contributor

On 11/24/2014 Krimpette said:

I shop around before buying from QVC. HSN has so many free shipping offers. Why doesn't QVC do the same?

I totally agree w/your statement-FYI another pet peeve of mine-I live on Long Island,NY- I have to pay 8.25% sales tax with my purchase & S/H total!! While the hosts say how much something costs & w/o S/H costs-they forget people who live outside PA-where most of them live have to also endure what I do-so now I do exactly what you do & find I am buying less from the @ Q & more from HSN because of what you pointed out.

Wish the Q would explain why they do not offer the incentives that HSN does w/free S/H, more buy >1 save $$ offers-Have tried to get answers on this via many avenues & have not received any correspondence re:these matters??

Respected Contributor

I was going to get the Carol H. pajamas this morning, but when I saw the shipping chg., decided a big NO!! It's ridiculous for a company the size of the Q to not offer free shipping way more than they do.........there are so many other companies (some even smaller than the Q) who offer it most of the time...........they could do it, but they won't as long as everyone still buys. I'm scaling way back on my Q buying......if the only way I can buy an item is "easy pay", I don't need the item......shipping here has gotten ridiculous.

Esteemed Contributor

The odd part about Q's S&H rates is that is still takes 7 to 10 days to get your order.

Sometimes they don't even ship until 4 days after you have placed an order. That's really wrong. So many other places have free ship and returns and you see the product within 3 days

Something is amiss with Q maybe it is too many celebrity hosted parties.

Trusted Contributor

QVC has not only raised the overall prices on the majority of what they sell, but they increased the price of S&H "twice" this year. How outrageous that they raised the price of S&H, for the second time, right around the holidays. Talk about taking advantage of their customers!!! The reason you don't see them doing anything is because S&H is a "profit" center for them. In other words (for those of you who don't understand) they are making a "profit" off of S&H. S&H is often at least 1/3 of the price of an item. In addition, every single thing you order has its own S&H. Even if your ordering the same shirt in three different colors, your paying S&H on every single item. There is no one else out there who does this. In this day and age most companies doesn't even charge S&H or they have a flat fee regardless of how much your ordering. I do most of my shopping in the better department stores and designer stores and would periodically order something from Isaac, LCNY, George Simonton or Linea. I have now cut back by 99.9% as the quality does not justify the price and the S&H is outrageous. I can guarantee if/when QVC finally does something with the S&H i.e. maybe a flat rate - they will raise the merchandise prices to make up the difference.

Super Contributor

I do a lot of online shopping, and I have to wonder about QVC's shipping. Sometimes I see a very high shipping rate for a bracelet or a tube of mascara, and then I will see the shipping same rate for a much larger item that will come in a microwave-size box.

Out of all the online shopping that I did in the past few months, I think I only purchased two items from QVC because of their shipping rates. With other sites offering free shipping or extremely low shipping, why would I want to pay the rates QVC is demanding?

Maybe the additional shipping they charge is how they are staying in business, but they are also hurting themselves with other sites taking away business from them with their free or low shipping.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Esteemed Contributor

I have rejected more items than I buy at QVC because of the shipping costs. Putting the entire site on EZ Pay is not a sale and it in no way makes up for the outrageous s/h. I still buy Linea, Dennis Basso and the occasional kitchen and LTS item. I bought no Christmas gifts here again this year. I must add that increased shipping this year also greatly limited my purchases at Amazon.