Honored Contributor

Re: Who is unhappy with the insane QVC shipping rates

I see an online trend with all the vendors making money from shipping, or giving free shipping and jacking up the item price. The worst offenders are Women Within, Romans, Jessica London. They have percent off "SALES" with the percent off and/ or the shipping changing everyday. I see retailers not showing the shipping charges until you checkout. I see Walmart online raising prices and making money from high shipping charges. It is known that online shoppers spend more for a purchase and the websites are taking advantage of this buying trend. I order a lot from everywhere, and I see the totals going up, up, up.
Occasional Contributor

I've found that once you add the shipping, you can usually find the same item elsewhere for the same price or less.

Respected Contributor

I'm not that unhappy about it because I spend my $$ elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

After yet another absolutely dreadful array for the holiday shopping season, I'm unhappy with just about every aspect of QVC...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

On 11/24/2014 sidsmom said:

There's no such thing as "Free Shipping". Those $$ are absorbed...believe me..you pay one way or another. I'm surprised savvy consumers on these boards can't understand this simple concept.

I know people think as you do but I have bought the same item Q was selling from Amazon. Saved money. Amazon was a few $$more with less shipping, Q was less with more shipping. Guess who was cheaper? I already told you.
Super Contributor

On 11/26/2014 winamac1 said:
On 11/24/2014 insomniac said:

I guess I'm one of the few who isn't bothered by s/h charges. I'm willing to pay for the convenience.

I wish I wasn't 16bothered by them, but I really am very bothered by them. I don't mind being inconvenienced to save money.

You can pay for the convenience, but keep in mind the luxury it is. Add up all your " convenient" shipping costs for one year and then look around your house to see that you got nothing to show for the money spent.
Trusted Contributor

On 12/9/2014 luvingit said:
On 11/24/2014 sidsmom said:

There's no such thing as "Free Shipping". Those $$ are absorbed...believe me..you pay one way or another. I'm surprised savvy consumers on these boards can't understand this simple concept.

I know people think as you do but I have bought the same item Q was selling from Amazon. Saved money. Amazon was a few $$more with less shipping, Q was less with more shipping. Guess who was cheaper? I already told you.

I think we are all pretty educated consumers these days and it is SUPER easy to compare prices with a simple google search. I am savvy and understand the concept just fine. Some companies use the S&H as a cash cow and QVC is among those.

Yes, there is such a thing as free shipping. I love being able to get the same items they sell here for less and with FREE shipping. Of course, when I place a Linea order I just pay the S&H because I cannot get the same items and the bottom line price is still less than I would have to pay elsewhere. That is pretty much all I ever get from QVC.

What amazes me is that people buy beauty items and pay the ridiculous shipping and handling charges when they can get it for the same exact price on Nordstrom, Neiman's, Sephora, etc. and with FREE shipping.

Trusted Contributor

What really upset me was the s&H was nearly double for the WEN TSV. Pre-sales had a $5 S&H. Since there was an overwhelming response to pre-sale of this TSV, Q just decided to make more money by doubling the S&H??? Very disturbing practice.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't notice they upped the shipping on the TSV. If that really happened it is disturbing. I didn't jump on the TSV because I'm stocked with cleansers until next Christmas Smiley Wink But it is the best deal by a long shot! I ordered directly from Chaz Dean's site when he had 20% off and free shipping. That was a better deal for me considering the items I wanted to purchase.

As to who is a savvy shopper, let's be honest and agree that most people on these forums are pretty savvy when it comes to online shopping. It's the tens of thousands of other shoppers out there who are not on the forums. I bet most of them call in their orders and never touch a computer. They are the ones really paying for the convenience.

Those of us on the forums do understand how to Google and comparison shop online. Nobody is saying we don't. But we are most likely a very small percentage of QVC's customer base.

My guess is that QVC will have to change some of those practices because eventually that customer base will erode and the rest of the shoppers will be "on to them."

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

KJPA
Trusted Contributor

On 12/9/2014 KJPA said:

I didn't notice they upped the shipping on the TSV. If that really happened it is disturbing. I didn't jump on the TSV because I'm stocked with cleansers until next Christmas Smiley Wink But it is the best deal by a long shot! I ordered directly from Chaz Dean's site when he had 20% off and free shipping. That was a better deal for me considering the items I wanted to purchase.

As to who is a savvy shopper, let's be honest and agree that most people on these forums are pretty savvy when it comes to online shopping. It's the tens of thousands of other shoppers out there who are not on the forums. I bet most of them call in their orders and never touch a computer. They are the ones really paying for the convenience.

Those of us on the forums do understand how to Google and comparison shop online. Nobody is saying we don't. But we are most likely a very small percentage of QVC's customer base.

My guess is that QVC will have to change some of those practices because eventually that customer base will erode and the rest of the shoppers will be "on to them."

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Actually, Sidsmom to whom I replied was saying how those on these boards can't get the "simple concept".. Of course we get it and I think many of us are shopping less and less on QVC.

I do agree with you that we must be a small percentage of all Q shoppers and many still shop by watching TV, but I suspect that number is shrinking. Even my 73 year old mom is now online.