Super Contributor

Who is unhappy with the insane QVC shipping rates

qvc shipping rates are getting ridiculous 7.22 for an item that could be sent with a postage stamp is laughable. HSN is really giving alot of free shipping onall products and 1,99 shipping on a ton of fashion clearance. it shoud be mandatory that clearance items be reduced shipping dont you think?

By the way, shop HQ gives free shipping on the tsv when you use their card now that's an idea.

Super Contributor

Re: Who is unhappy with the insane QVC shipping rates

The shipping rates have certainly helped curtail my spending here. I tend to only buy items I can only get here (Linea and Whisper Knits) at this point. Between the high shipping costs and the terribly slow processing and shipping...just not too many incentives to buy here.

Contributor

It is outrageous. Just add $10 to the price of any item before you put it in your cart cuz that will be the real price of the item. Who wants to buy a $20 item and at check out it becomes $30. Not Me!

Esteemed Contributor

I vote with my money..I spend on HSN and wait for free shipping or discounted shipping~

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

Yes, the shipping rates are insane as are the limited shipping options. Many things are only shipped by UPS. Can you imagine the outrage if the only shipping option was USPS? UPS in my area is not good so why would I spend the elevated rates to use them? But Qvc in their infinite wisdom thinks Priority Mail only, which is more expensive than UPS ground, is an adequate choice when it is US Mail that is comparable (when USPS is offered). Believe me, I take that into consideration if I'm on the fence about keeping something or returning it. I don't like the incredibly dumb people who make dumb policy at Qvc and if I were their boss I'd fire them in a NY minute.

edited for typo

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I agree --

That's why I only buy from QVC when I truly can't find the item elsewhere with free shipping. The shipping is what ruins it.

Honored Contributor

I agree. There are a few things in my cart, but the shipping is something like $30 when it should be about $5. You'd think that with all the good deals other online retailers have, QVC would have a free shipping day.

Frequent Contributor

I have bought more things this year at HSN-wonderful products, new vendors and almost everything I have bought has had free shipping. I was going to purchase a couple of sets of lock and lock-but they don't even give you a break on buying more than one different set-it was crazy to me to spend over $21 for three different sets. Once I saw the shipping, I did not place my order. I need nothing that bad that I have to add $10 extra for postage and tax.

Esteemed Contributor

Instead of encouraging customers to make purchases through incentives like reduced shipping, QVC has done the opposite. They have raised their shipping charges. It's like a slap in the face, treating consumers badly. Just last week there was a post about the Insider featuring the TSV Honora earrings. Not only did QVC raise the price of the earrings on tbe day they were the TSV, they also raised the price of S&H. As a result, I refused to order them.
Super Contributor

I agree. I am frequently deterred from placing an order the minute I mentally add the extra $10 or so in my head. That $29 item can become$40 or more pretty quickly., and rarely worth it.