Honored Contributor

Who is this arrogant manufacturer and

why do you continue to give them your business Susan??

If I've heard it once I've heard it 20 times: 'my manufacturer told me that they wont make this again for me!'

I was watching some of a repeat presentation on Q2  before work this morning when she told the story (again) and even Jayne Brown seemed to have trouble with it. "well they'll make it I'm sure but it will cost more....'

Why would you continue to patronize a manufacturer that repeatedly refuses to manufacture a garment more than once??

Respected Contributor

Re: Who is this arrogant manufacturer and

I think it's just a sales tactic to try and people to buy NOW. It's an odd one, but that's all I think it is. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

Just another sales tactic, I'm sure.

Esteemed Contributor

Because it's owned by the Q?

Next up, worldwide polyester shortage

Esteemed Contributor

I always found that comment strange too - and she does say it with many different styles of clothing.  Who is the customer here?  Susan is.  The manufacturer gets paid to do the job Susan hires them to do.  I find it hard to believe that the manufacturer would refuse the work.

That being said, this could just be another sales ploy on Susan's part to get you to buy it because this is your last chance to get it.  Personally I think that is the way she spins it on styles she does not want to do again.  She has a LOT of different items, and I suppose that QVC may want to limit the space or number of things they have to warehouse for her.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
New Contributor

yes, I also think this is a sales tactic

Honored Contributor

I interpret this comment as sales do not justify a reorder, period.  She can't say that after praising sales to the sky.  What can she say, "this item is mediocre" but we are diving back in?

Honored Contributor

Do you really believe what she says?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo 

I've often wondered the same thing! 

With the state of the world's economy - one would think that the garment makers would be looking for business, not turning it down!  SG's manufacturer appears to be the only one refusing business.

Something else I've often wondered about. 

Why is she so happy when an item's price has been reduced.  If it were my product - I'd be really unhappy if the price is lowered.  I will donate something to charity before I sell it at a lower price.

Respected Contributor

I too believe it is a sales tactic.  Sometimes I don't think Susan actually knows what she is saying because she is talking so fast and just saying stuff to get the viewer pumped up and think there may never be another top, pants, dress, etc., so they better get to the phones and order quick!

Every night I check the TS and TSV.  The TS on HSN interested me so I wanted to see the live presentation.  I think I found the match for Susan.  It is Chip (?) from Perlier.  He wouldn't even let his mother get a word in!! 

It did cross my mind that I would like to see him and Susan together presenting something.  What a duo that would be.