Honored Contributor

Re: Who is the average GILI customer?

I think it's more about style than age.  I don't think the GILI customer is any younger than the SG or the Mizrahi customer.  I think GILI appeals to the customer who wants a what she perceives to be be a more fashion forward, designer and skinnier fit.  I have never bought any clothing from the GILI line because I am 5'3", L and sometimes XL.  Most GILI style would not look good on me.  

Trusted Contributor

I was when Lisa Robertson designed the line. Not now. I haven't bought any GILI in years.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Valued Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Mindy D 

It would never occur to me to wonder about other customers of a brand. It isn’t anything that matters to me. Why does it matter to you?

Don't know about the original poster but I have a few answers: curiostiy; interest in fashion; interest in fashion trends---who' buying what; etc

Valued Contributor

I've always thought of them as thin women, likely younger, likely professional. I don't trust thin blonde designer. JK. But what is true is that I often don't trust thin designers that are high fashion. I wouldn't expect them to understand a rounder, even fatter body and thus can't design for that population. I haven't purchased anything from that line either.

Honored Contributor

@Whosits wrote:

I've always thought of them as thin women, likely younger, likely professional. I don't trust thin blonde designer. JK. But what is true is that I often don't trust thin designers that are high fashion. I wouldn't expect them to understand a rounder, even fatter body and thus can't design for that population. I haven't purchased anything from that line either.

Yeah, on this forum, most of the 'who buys that' question or comment particularly about the Q contemporary fashion offerings is not so much about curiosity...IMO it's about snark, veiled insult,  stir the pot. 

And, you only trust/buy fashions from designers that look like you?  So do you have a manly body, given that most designers are male? But not all male designers are round and fat. Oy, the dilemma! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Mindy D 

It would never occur to me to wonder about other customers of a brand. It isn’t anything that matters to me. Why does it matter to you?

Lol @willdob3 , I agree Woman Wink 

I do wonder why...and who is the average Q shopper that hunts daily for and posts covid and food recall threads ad nauseam Woman Tongue

@Chi-town girl @willdob3

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Mindy D 

Lol @willdob3 , I agree Woman Wink 

I do wonder why...and who is the average Q shopper that hunts daily for and posts covid and food recall threads ad nauseam Woman Tongue

@Chi-town girl @willdob3 I post these things purely because the subject matter interests me. There's no need to be nasty or snarky about my posts. Just ignore them if they are of no interest to you. I'm sure that you have posts that I have ignored because they are not about subjects I'm interested in. I would never insult you because I'm not interested in something you are interested in. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D you gave a classy answer. The whole demographics thing involves asking which products appeal to certain age groups.

When I was 20, I only wanted a two door car (four door sedans were for old people). Now, I'd get stuck trying to get in the back seat.

I'd say the average GILI customer is under forty, small to medium in size, and slightly taller than average. Just a guess, but it's fun to imagine.

Honored Contributor

In all the years they’ve been selling GILI, I haven’t seen one item that I would wear.

Just not my style:
Esteemed Contributor

When Lisa Robertson had the line, it had a clear direction of copying items from high end lines.  I like the items and bought ocasionally.  More recently, I find the items odinary.  Don't know who the intended customer is.  Haven't bought anything since Lisa left.