Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who is the average GILI customer?

I think Jill designs for women like herself who have great figures and like to wear their clothes skin tight to show it off. She lucked out in the gene pool.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

I think Jill designs for women like herself who have great figures and like to wear their clothes skin tight to show it off. She lucked out in the gene pool.

maybe

she is very short-waisted and not everything looks fab on her.

that said ,  I like some of her G stuff better than LR's, however as time goes by,  the styles are devolving like many lines on the Q to more DC type stuff.  

I like the dresses they do and bags but have not bought any.  case of not needing right now 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I wonder who the average Gili customer is. What's the average age range for GILI buyers as compared to Q's other fashion lines? Are the buyers younger or thinner or better educated than the average Denim & Co buyer? I've only ordered one GILI item since the inception of the line and the item did not flatter. I returned it. 

I don't think it's age so much as what you like and one's sense of style.

you can go into any store and shop in any dept and find something wear (could) . 

Women are not locked into specific clothing for their age these days as they were generations past

Esteemed Contributor

IMO, the line is overpriced.  But kudo's for those who like it!  It's just not for me.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I would say, in general, the woman that's interested in Gili is someone that's not trying to hide their figure. They're not buying into the whole 'cover it all up no one should know you have curves' mentality that the Q seems to push with the majority of their lines but I blame the buyers not the vendors.

I love my faux leather jacket that I picked up at a deep discount but the two sleeveless tops I purchased on sale we're not great quality. I didn't buy anything while Lisa was at the helm

@Andreatoo   My sentiments exactly.  The directive at QVC is for their clothing lines to focus on covering up and hiding figures.  Usually it only makes women's total look less flattering, in my opinion.  I grow weary of seeing so much of the dramatically long tunics, swing tops, peplums, high/low tops, etc. for 90% of their offerings.

I'm 59 years old, and a size Med/Lrg.  I never wear my clothes too fitted or tight.  I didn't do that when I was a size extra small in college, I've never liked my clothes fitting that way on me.

I like some GILI fashions since they can be quite attractive.  I have some of the brand's printed wide leg pants, kimonos for the summer, and denim.  That's about it.  I cannot speak for all of the brand, but the things I have are excellent quality. 

Speaking of skin tight, I never purchased GILI during Lisa's reign over the brand (except a Roma handbag) because she designed absolutely everything to be worn skin tight. So the GILI today that still has those tight-fitting designs is just staying true to the inception of the brand.  Jill has done more for introducing items that don't have to be worn that way, but the brand will never detract from that tight aesthetic entirely.  It's still going to remain GILI.  

Honored Contributor

I have a few pieces from the GILI line as I do with other lines that the Q sells.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't like this brand.

They are still pushing that old G.I.L.I. cape.

Shawn09.jpg

Honored Contributor

Oh yes, the cape. I heard Leah say on Sat. that she has three of them. I have none. 

Esteemed Contributor

I would love see their data.  They must use things like census data for demographics and for sure slice and dice sizing.  That would be a fun department to work in.  

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Mindy D 

It would never occur to me to wonder about other customers of a brand. It isn’t anything that matters to me. Why does it matter to you?

Lol @willdob3 , I agree Woman Wink 

I do wonder why...and who is the average Q shopper that hunts daily for and posts covid and food recall threads ad nauseam Woman Tongue

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri