Honored Contributor

Who is that host on Plexaderm

Really like her. She looks like the average American woman.  Very pleasant host. Serta was suppose to be on , but, Plexaderm commercial was on.

Give her an 'A'.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Who is that host on Plexaderm

Sorry, I did not watch the program; however, I am curious what does the average American woman look like ?

I don't think there is such a thing since we all come in different sizes, colors and ages.

The "voice" of my question is friendly and curious. Smiley Happy

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !

Honored Contributor

I was curious about the "average American woman," so l looked it up. This is what l found, from Medical News Today:

What is the average weight for women?

Last reviewed Thu. 22 February 2018. By Dan Wessels. Reviewed by Stacy Sampson, DO.

Knowing if your weight is within a healthy range can be beneficial. This is particularly so in the United States, where obesity is a significant problem.
American women aged 20 years and above weigh an average of 168.5 pounds (lbs), according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Height-wise, the average adult female is 5 feet 4 inches, and her waist measures 38.1 inches.

While these numbers may be the average, they are not a measure of health. One of the commonly used indicators of well being is a person's BMI, which stands for body mass index.

The BMI of the average woman in the U.S. is 26.5, which falls into the category of "overweight." Out of all American adults, more than two-thirds are deemed to be "overweight" or "obese," which represents a worrying trend for the nation's health.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@SharkE: I believe the host of that show was Mary Nelson.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

She is far from the American woman with all her Yea, yea, yeas.  I watched last night and she must have said yea, 6 or 7 times in a row.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I've noticed that, while the vendor is talking, a couple of the hosts, most noticably Mary Beth and Jill, are constantly softly saying "yeah".  It gets on my nerves.  Sounds like the newer hosts have adopted the habit.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

If it was Mary Nelson I think she's exceptionally pretty but she doesn't seem to know it.

Honored Contributor

Yes, she was nice looking and looked like she ate .

Had the sound off , so, didn't notice any voice annoyances.

Wasn't in love with camera either.

she must be on QVC 2 a lot first time I had seen her on original Q.

Seemed like a nice lady.