Honored Contributor

Who is making Lisa's bags for her?

I'm not buying any More GILI items, very disappointed in quality.  Would I pay $350.00 for a Lisa bag?  I would need assurance first that whoever is making it is not the same mfgr that is doing GILI.  I don't think even Jill Martin can save GILI.  To be honest I haven't paid much attention to this whole conflict over Lisa.  I just want to spend my money on quality items that perform as advertised. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Who is making Lisa's bags for her?

@depglass, I don't know who is making her bags or where they are being made, but certainly understand your concern.  You can get a Brahmin bag for the same price, and better.  I'd be more inclined to do that if the look of Lisa's bag appeals to you.

Honored Contributor

I would think it was either the same company who made Gili or a runner up that didn't get the job.  They aren't my style, but I think Lisa's bags look nice.  I would probably be a little reluctant to buy because of the price and return policy if something went wrong.

Respected Contributor

Who is forcing you to buy Gili bags or LR bags????? 

Honored Contributor

@Chrystaltree2 wrote:

Who is forcing you to buy Gili bags or LR bags????? 

There is nothing in any post on this board indicating that anyone is forcing anyone to buy GILI bags.   Where are you even getting that idea other than your own imagination?

Honored Contributor

Nobody is forcing me, I bought a croco GILI bag way back when Lisa was here, mainly on the advice of a poster who gave directions on how to soften the bag to get it to how it was supposed to be.  It never worked for me.  I also bought one GILI top which turned into a mass of wrinkles immediately.  I liked the concept of the GILI line.  It appeared they were going for designer looks at lesser price points.  Great concept, unfortunately it didn't work IMHO.  I think that's one of the reasons Lisa left.  I still like the idea of a soft croco bag.  I'll check out Brahmin. 

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Nobody is forcing me, I bought a croco GILI bag way back when Lisa was here, mainly on the advice of a poster who gave directions on how to soften the bag to get it to how it was supposed to be.  It never worked for me.  I also bought one GILI top which turned into a mass of wrinkles immediately.  I liked the concept of the GILI line.  It appeared they were going for designer looks at lesser price points.  Great concept, unfortunately it didn't work IMHO.  I think that's one of the reasons Lisa left.  I still like the idea of a soft croco bag.  I'll check out Brahmin. 

@depglass Why even bother to answer that poster.  She always has a chip on her shoulder.  Just not worth the aggravation.  What you purchase is your business only.  If you order a bag from Lisa, enjoy it.  

Honored Contributor

here are my thoughts on BRAND names......just because it says brahmin, coach, LV, dooney, etc.......doesnt always mean that the quality is good.

here are my thoughts on non-brand names.....just because it says gili, LR, or any other name that is not well known......doesnt always mean that the quality is bad.

if it appeals to me at the price it is, i buy it. if it isnt up to snuff then i return it. it doesnt HAVE to have a name on it to make it the right handbag for me, especially if the quality is good for the price.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

If you have a Facebook account, you might be able to get that information if you post the question on Lisa's Facebook page.

Valued Contributor

The question has been asked on LRs FB page about where the bags are made.  It's been noted that there is no answer to the questions so it's assumed by some posters that it's China.   As for the look, I agree that the Brahmin bags have the look and can be found on sale and at places like Macy's which has good coupons and free shipping