Honored Contributor

I have no idea who she is.  Do you?

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

A motivational author for women.  I'm not a fan.  My daughter had one of her books.  It was filled with talk about weight and not being your best if you weren't at your ideal weight.  Claims she was "extremely overweight" at a size 12.  Perhaps some like her, but as a size 12 who has struggled my whole adult life with weight, I didn't find her very motivational.  More like I'd like to twist her neck off and show her my best.  lol!! Needless to say, I won't be a customer for her new clothing line.  

Respected Contributor

I never heard of her, either.  Searched and found on Wikipedia.   She had a best selling book geared to young women and self esteem.  

Respected Contributor

Whaaaat  ??  Extremely overwight at a size 12 ?  Now I definitely do not like her and will not be buying.

Respected Contributor

I only recently heard of her because a friend posted about her book on Facebook. After doing some research, I am not a fan. She dishes out life advice using super unoriginal "inspirational" quotes, many of which have been ripped off from other people. I think a lot of women are attracted to her squeaky clean, bland, safe image. I am not.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1lol  No idea, but for me that's pretty routine.  There are very, very few vendors I knew before they came to TV shopping on any channel.    Right now I can think of just 2 -  Lisa Rinna (from her role of Days of our Life) and DJT because he was often in the NY media in the financial news I've been reading for years.  So the people I knew didn't even come here with a retail background I knew about.

Honored Contributor

@JJsMom @millieshops @PhilaLady1 @luvbnagirl    So now she is a clothes designer?   LOL  If she is overweight at a size 12, she needs help.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: Who is Rachel Hollis?

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

@JJsMom @millieshops @PhilaLady1 @luvbnagirl    So now she is a clothes designer?   LOL  If she is overweight at a size 12, she needs help.

I guess! lol

She's just cashing in while she can. She's like a lifestyle guru. Why people are so intrigued by her, I will never know.

I will say though that I would be obese at size 12 because of my bone structure and height.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1I suspect lots and lots of fashion designers would want their clothing worn only by whatever the current model standard is.  Thank heavens some of them know better than to come right out and say so!

That idea really limits their market.

This conversation reminds me a news story from years ago in NYC.A fellow who had a super popular hair salon in NYC said he didn't want women over 40 as his customers!  Totally insane -  when I was under 40, my hair was shiny and easy to care for between cuts. Why would he be needed!!!

Now it's a challenge.  Glad to say, I have a stylist up to it and don't have to spend a whole day going into the City for a haircut.

Honored Contributor

So does that mean her range of fashion clothing will only be available in sizes smaller than 12?  I doubt there'll be much call for it, if that's the case.

Never heard of her, so I won't be watching.