Honored Contributor

What is her connection to Katie Lee Gifford?  I know Jill is in charge of G.I.L.I. clothes, I presume.  Thanks.  Any information is appreciated.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

She does segments on the Today show ....

Trusted Contributor

She was hired to take over the line when Lisa R. left.

Honored Contributor

jill martin:

today show contributor

broadcaster new york knicks pregame/halftime/postgame, earning her eight emmys

ny times bestselling author

former sports anchor and reporter in miami

former entertainment host wami in miami

worked for the miami heat

helped create the largest high heeled shoe that measures 1.95 m (6 ft 5 in) long and 1.85 m (6 ft 1 in) tall. it was created by Jill Martin and Kenneth Cole (both USA) in New York, New York, USA, on 10 November 2014.

but wait, theres more.......

https://www.msgnetworks.com/personalities/

you can also read more about her in a NY TIMES article titled JILL MARTIN PUTS ON HER GAME FACE.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

She works for NBC and appears at least once a week on Today Show.  She seems to flit around NYC being "important".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Not a fan of her clothes.

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of the clothes she chooses for the make over session son the Today show

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

Her connection with Gifford, they just work on The Today show together.

Thats all I am familiar with.  Jill is also a best selling author I just heard.

She does many things it sounds. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Who is Jill Martin?

[ Edited ]

Thank you, ladies.  I question her taste level.  I mean, look at the clothes and handbags in this GILI collection.  OMG!

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

When GILI first came into PM Style it stood for "got it, love it" from Lisa Robertson.  The merchandise was copied from items that Lisa owned or aspired to own.  IMO, when Lisa left, the name should have changed.

The current line seems very trendy, very NYC fashionista.  It is obviously designed for tall, thin women.  Just because a brand makes larger sizes doesn't mean those garments look good on larger, more realistic bodies.  I don't think short jackets are flattering on most people.