Trusted Contributor

Re: Who is Farnella Dot Gridwhop who is posting here?

I'm kinda sorry I missed Farnella Dot Gridwhop today. I don't know what she posted, but I love the name, and I'm betting she has a sharp sense of humor. "Trolls" can be mean and ugly, or they can be creative, funny people passing a little time playing on the internet. Sometimes they ruffle feathers; sometimes they tickle fancies; sometimes a little of both. They do little real harm, and sometimes they can be quite entertaining. I imagine most of them are not nearly as "sad, lonely, and lost" as some seem to think. When you get right down to it, most of us who enjoy posting here most days could probably find more productive and serious ways to spend our time.......but this is fun.

Honored Contributor

She is someone who forgot to take her antipsychotic the day she posted.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

She evidently saw my earlier post about being able to read all her posts dating back to 2010. I see now that she must have closed that account, because her new registration date is today, 6/9. Clever girl, Farnella Dot ...

Super Contributor

On 6/9/2014 SoX said:

She evidently saw my earlier post about being able to read all her posts dating back to 2010. I see now that she must have closed that account, because her new registration date is today, 6/9. Clever girl, Farnella Dot ...

this could lead back to the op's post. which is it's perhaps a qvc employee with special and extra access. thank you sox! you're aware more of how our accounts work than i am. have a nice day and week. (-:

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/9/2014 Q_spirit said:
On 6/9/2014 SoX said:

this could lead back to the op's post. which is it's perhaps a qvc employee with special and extra access. thank you sox! you're aware more of how our accounts work than i am. have a nice day and week. (-:

I think she didn't realize all her earlier posts were showing and quickly closed that account on some pretext or other ... however, I'm not sure how the 533 post count remains on her new registration. I don't know everythingSmile.

Have a great week, Q spirit.

Honored Contributor

On 6/9/2014 GoodStuff said:

I'm kinda sorry I missed Farnella Dot Gridwhop today. I don't know what she posted, but I love the name, and I'm betting she has a sharp sense of humor. "Trolls" can be mean and ugly, or they can be creative, funny people passing a little time playing on the internet. Sometimes they ruffle feathers; sometimes they tickle fancies; sometimes a little of both. They do little real harm, and sometimes they can be quite entertaining. I imagine most of them are not nearly as "sad, lonely, and lost" as some seem to think. When you get right down to it, most of us who enjoy posting here most days could probably find more productive and serious ways to spend our time.......but this is fun.

This person posts here and at Viewpoints as One White Sparrow. Sorry, but a troll is a person who deliberately bumps up 3-6 month old or more posts to be on the front page of any forum. I don't think she is creative or entertaining. She has done this in the past in numerous forums here.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

ITA, I don't think it's fun at all nor is it someone with a cute sense of humor. This is someone that is mentally unstable, that gets a thrill out of creating havoc. It's really sad they get their kicks that way.

Trusted Contributor

Well, I didn't see the posts, so perhaps Farnella said something truly objectionable. I've just noticed over the years a lot of complaints about "trolls", and most times all the hoopla is about little more than sarcastic or tongue-in-cheek posts. Lighten up, folks.

Respected Contributor

On 6/9/2014 JustJazzmom said:

My guess is that its One White Sparrow who plays these games all the time at Viewpoints too.

OMG Do you really think it is OWS? I asked about a post not showing up by Farnella gridwhop on a different thread earlier this evening. Of course, no one responded. I'm glad to get your take Jazzmom. OWS didn't occur to me. I thought OWS would at least tell everyone that she/he was using a new nic?

Respected Contributor

On 6/9/2014 JustJazzmom said:
On 6/9/2014 GoodStuff said:

I'm kinda sorry I missed Farnella Dot Gridwhop today. I don't know what she posted, but I love the name, and I'm betting she has a sharp sense of humor. "Trolls" can be mean and ugly, or they can be creative, funny people passing a little time playing on the internet. Sometimes they ruffle feathers; sometimes they tickle fancies; sometimes a little of both. They do little real harm, and sometimes they can be quite entertaining. I imagine most of them are not nearly as "sad, lonely, and lost" as some seem to think. When you get right down to it, <em>most</em> of us who enjoy posting here most days could probably find more productive and serious ways to spend our time.......but this is fun.

This person posts here and at Viewpoints as One White Sparrow. Sorry, but a troll is a person who deliberately bumps up 3-6 month old or more posts to be on the front page of any forum. I don't think she is creative or entertaining. She has done this in the past in numerous forums here.

If the objective is to be on the front page they could just post on a leading thread...right? What is so trollish about having a little fun? It's a trip how posters get so worked up over something they can simply ignore.