Honored Contributor

Re: Who from QVC went to Joan's funeral?

A funeral is in many ways a celebration of one's life and accomplishments. ..not all sadness.
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Contributor

I usually stop at this board first for updates on Joan's passing,. I knew Mary Beth, Jane, Jill, Rick, Lisa, Kathy Levine (miss her) and perhaps some QVC execs would be in attendance. So thanks, so much, for posting the pic, and Mary Beth's very nice comment. If I'd been in NY, I'd be one of the spectators on Fifth Ave., for sure.

Frequent Contributor

Wow, Kathy looks great! Sounds like it was a nice celebration of her life.

Occasional Contributor

What a nice photo and a tribute to the friendships they formed over the years that they were all invited. How wonderful that they were able to honor their friend.

Valued Contributor

thank you for this thread. so many of us are grieving.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Regular Contributor

On 9/7/2014 BonnieBelle said:
On 9/7/2014 Bird mama said:

Mary Beth Roe posted a picture on her facebook page.

Thanks for posting that. Very nice picture of all the Q people. I knew they would be there.

Hi BonnieBelle,

Yes, a lovely photo the hosts that go back to the beginning of Joan's career at the Q.

BonnieBelle, you were the first poster I thought of when I heard this sad news. I know we both chatted and reminded each other about Joan's WE family show and how much we enjoyed it. Also, the Dynamic Duo Show (Basso) we loved!

Oh my, I miss her already, and I'm still coming to terms that's she's gone.

Honored Contributor

Jill also posted a nice recollection of today's service on her FB page, and included a picture of the QVC ladies with Dennis.

Photo: I was honored to be invited to attend the funeral of Joan Rivers today. She would have loved every second...filled with raucous laughter, heartfelt tears, beautiful music...and celebrities galore. Howard Stern had us all in stitches and tears as he remembered his

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Clipped from Facebook:

<h5 class="_1_s" data-ft="{">Jill Bauer QVC</h5>
I was honored to be invited to attend the funeral of Joan Rivers today. She would have loved every second...filled with raucous laughter, heartfelt tears, beautiful music...and celebrities galore. Howard Stern had us all in stitches and tears as he remembered his"hero" Joan. And Hugh Jackman sang one of Joan's favorite songs and got the congregation to stand up and give Joan an ovation. I was so overwhelmed to be there...and lucky to be there with my QVC friends. What a day...but we're talking about Joan, right? What a woman!

Photo: I was honored to be invited to attend the funeral of Joan Rivers today. She would have loved every second...filled with raucous laughter, heartfelt tears, beautiful music...and celebrities galore. Howard Stern had us all in stitches and tears as he remembered his

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

What a nice group picture. Kathy Levine looks great and I think she might be a good bit older than all the others. I never realized how beautiful her eyes are.

Godspeed. Forever RIP, Joan.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for posting both photos! Since it was by invitation only, it's great that Melissa thought to include Kathy Levine with the QVC people, or maybe that was part of Joan's prior planning as well? I've been watching the Q a long time, and only vaguely remember Kathy, but apparently she and Joan really hit it off. Not at all surprised to see the others, I'm sure there were many hosts and crew who wished they could have been there, and there had to be thousands of others whose lives Joan touched along the way who wished they could have attended as well. It must have been the hottest ticket to get in town, which is just how Joan would have wanted it!