Valued Contributor

Re: Who bought the Slinky TS?

On 2/4/2015 Mustangshar said: Slinky in manufactured entirely in the USA, that's huge! It's a family owned business. I watch, I have a few of their crocheted type toppers and they are nice. Not familiar with the poly like the TS, but I'm assuming it's a version of SG, but again, American Company.Smiley Happy

That makes me happy. I love most of my Susan Graver tops, but I just received the hoodie brushed back top, I took it out of the plastic, and two buttons came flying off. I never even unfolded it! Is it a big deal to sew two buttons on? Not really. Should we have to, when we spend $53 for a top? NO! The quality on her new things is a thumbs down!! I wish she would make more in the USA!

Also, I received my DG2 jeans today. What a difference in the packaging! QVC should be ashamed. My HSN purchases ( I bought a leather bag too), were all folded with tissue, with hang tags on them, and in a box. What a difference from my $70 LOGO tops being delivered in a crumpled up ball in wrinkled plastic! QVC really cheaps out on the shipping/packaging.

I haven't tried the jeans on, but what a nice winter white color. The fabric is so nice too. I will see how they fit. Keeping my fingers crossed!

ETA- the pants feel similar to SG's lustra knit. Very silky.

Honored Contributor

I love Slinky but I don't think this top would look good on me. I'm not getting the TS.

I'm in the process of shopping though...

Valued Contributor

On 2/4/2015 Mtnbikegirl said:
On 2/4/2015 Mustangshar said: Slinky in manufactured entirely in the USA, that's huge! It's a family owned business. I watch, I have a few of their crocheted type toppers and they are nice. Not familiar with the poly like the TS, but I'm assuming it's a version of SG, but again, American Company.Smiley Happy

That makes me happy. I love most of my Susan Graver tops, but I just received the hoodie brushed back top, I took it out of the plastic, and two buttons came flying off. I never even unfolded it! Is it a big deal to sew two buttons on? Not really. Should we have to, when we spend $53 for a top? NO! The quality on her new things is a thumbs down!! I wish she would make more in the USA!

Also, I received my DG2 jeans today. What a difference in the packaging! QVC should be ashamed. My HSN purchases ( I bought a leather bag too), were all folded with tissue, with hang tags on them, and in a box. What a difference from my $70 LOGO tops being delivered in a crumpled up ball in wrinkled plastic! QVC really cheaps out on the shipping/packaging.

I haven't tried the jeans on, but what a nice winter white color. The fabric is so nice too. I will see how they fit. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I have lots of DG2 jeans, love the fit, they wash up good. I wash on delicate, and dry on extra low.

Honored Contributor

I can't buy sets, either. Not in apparel, not in swimsuits, not even in pajamas! I need to purchase a bigger size for the top than the bottom. Separates are the way to go, for me.
Honored Contributor

I don't like the Slinky bottoms.

Valued Contributor

I received my first Slinky brand purchased TS today. I am very happy with the pant set. I ordered three sets. The white pants w/ zebra top, navy pants w/blue dot top, and the blk pants w/ watercolor top. I love the prints. I love the design/fit of the peasant top, The white pants are see-through, so I would wear appropriate under garments with them, but they are a nice weight/feel. The blk pants are wonderful. For $39, this was a really good buy. I will purchase from this brand again.