Honored Contributor

Re: Who Was Best-Dressed At the Oscars Last Night?

Heidi Klum was definitely worst dresses in my opinion!

Best dressed is very very hard, as I thought there were some gorgeous gowns last night, but I will narrow it down to my top 3!

1. Alicia Vinkander(sp?)

2. Naomi Watts

3. Cate Blanchett and Chrissy Teigen

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen all of the gowns, but I keep recalling Alicia V.'s powdered yellow dress.  Gee, she sure is a natural looking beauty, too.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

Chrissy Tiegan looked stunning! I've never looked nearly that good even when not pregnant.

I agree Heidi Klum was the worst dress of the night. At her age and with that body, it makes you wonder why she would choose to wear something so unflattering.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lulu2 wrote:

I thought there were a lot of stunning dresses. (Cate Blanchett, Alicia Vikander, Charlize Theron just to name a few) 

For me it's easier to pick my least favorite. Hands down Heidi Klum (why was she even there) wins that award followed by Jennifer Lawrence and Kerri Washington.

Heidi Klum – Oscars 2016 in Hollywood, CA 2/28/2016

I think if this dress was minus the awkward sleeve and the flower on the waist, we would all be saying something different. I loved the ombré two-tone color and the sculpture of the top, the flower at the shoulder......but unfortunately that sleeve and second flower....plus her hair and make-up just fell flat against the dress design. I vote it the best almost-could-have-been! And Heidi, support garments can be your friend when you're starting to age. Embrace them, girl! 😀

~~~ So many handbags....so few hands ~~~

Super Contributor

@lobstergal wrote:

Chrissy Tiegan looked stunning! I've never looked nearly that good even when not pregnant.

I respectfully disagree. I'm so tired of those mermaid dresses already! At one point, the way she was standing, she looked like she she had one leg! Very odd. The color and beading of the gown were stunning but the shape....not so much. And the messy braid just didn't "go". But I did love when John Legend placed his hand on her belly while they were posing.....cute!! 

Super Contributor

@brii wrote:

Love the color of Naomi Watts' dress. 

I really like this dress! I thought she looked flawless.....hair, make-up on down....

Honored Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@Lyttlewyng wrote:

Charlize Theron

Charlize Theron2016Oscars.jpg

She is always a vision.  Love the red on her.  Cate Blanchett was also stunning last night

Gorgeous: Australian actress Cate Blanchett wore an embellished Armani Prive gown to the 2016 Oscars

Charlize is stunning, and I liked the dress.  That being said, it just went down too low in the front for it to be a 10 imo.

Cate's dress was gorgeous and unique.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

@brii wrote:

I am so tired of J Lo wearing that blush/nude color.  It looks strange around the waist, but it might just be a strange pose or a bad picture. 

She is stuck in a rut! Same color, same plunging neckline, same hair, same lip color....and honestly, why was she there anyway?!? 😜  Overexposed in more ways than one. Lol. 

Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:

I agree, I loved Naomi's dress.  It was my favorite for the evening.

I don't know what is up with Heidi Klum as last year's disaster was that yellow pirate ensemble and J. Lo needs to get a new stylist as that is about the third time I have seen her in that style/color of dress.  She's such a stunning woman and can wear just about anything so I was surprised to see her in that dress.

Esteemed Contributor

@brii wrote:

My favorite  last night!