Honored Contributor

Re: Who Are The Fashion Gurus For These Women

On the forums whether it's here or the new boards they only want to read

nice candy coated comments. Not all people have the same opinions and being a free country it should be allowed to get everybody's different points of view.

Alas, not to be. If you see a pile you can't call it anything true you have to say .  "Gees, that's a nice pile wish it was in my yard".   If you try to say "hey, that's a pile of do doo sure does stink".  We all must be nice little girls and boys. Sunshine, roses and chocolates.

After the Oscars they used to take some opinions from fashion designers,  regarding who was hot and who missed the mark.  Open mind is what it was called. Now, if your have your own  opinion you are called "mean spirited". We all must be in lock step and look to the right together.

Lady Di got herself together after the first yr or 2.  Lots of people that are going to be popular and on the news and front page will be critiqued price  of fame. If Kate, Duchess of Cambridge came out with a little house on the prairie dress and knee socks we are suppose to say "Gees,

Kate looks great. She has great style and that flower corsage is awesome".

Honored Contributor

Any time I saw the two sisters, I did not think they had good fashion sense.  They really need a fashion coordinator help them out.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@wifey2qt wrote:

Shouldn't this be moved to the "catty"  forumn page ? Oh right .....  Or better yet, better send a note to the Royals to clue them in on what they should be wearing. Give me a break

@wifey2qt 

Seriously?   Are you the only person who looks at celebrities and people in the public eye and never notices and critiques their outfits?   Magazine empires have been built on looking at what others wear!  

Granted, these sisters are hardly what most call "celebrities", but they KNOW they will be photographed repeatedly.  They should put a little effort into what they are seen in.  If they want to wear sweats, wear them at home.  JMO, but looking at many of their past "fashion don'ts", taking a little more pride in their appearance wouldn't be a bad thing. 

OTOH, maybe it's all part of the royal plan to create all sorts of distractions to get the attention off Andrew's mess.  Maybe that's it.

Honored Contributor

I don't particularly care for what they are wearing. They look ok to me. I've seen worse. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't understand the criticism and misogyny in these posts.  I stopped reading after the first page.  The women look very nice and happy to me.  I am guessing they are wearing what makes them happy.  And how could that be wrong?

No one has an obligation to wear what pleases you except perhaps your children and in some cases your employees, who some of you probably made very unhappy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@wifey2qt wrote:

Shouldn't this be moved to the "catty"  forumn page ? Oh right .....  Or better yet, better send a note to the Royals to clue them in on what they should be wearing. Give me a break

@wifey2qt 

Seriously?   Are you the only person who looks at celebrities and people in the public eye and never notices and critiques their outfits?   Magazine empires have been built on looking at what others wear!  

Granted, these sisters are hardly what most call "celebrities", but they KNOW they will be photographed repeatedly.  They should put a little effort into what they are seen in.  If they want to wear sweats, wear them at home.  JMO, but looking at many of their past "fashion don'ts", taking a little more pride in their appearance wouldn't be a bad thing. 

OTOH, maybe it's all part of the royal plan to create all sorts of distractions to get the attention off Andrew's mess.  Maybe that's it.

Not all the comments are about their clothing.  There is a comment about the face of one of the princesses and more about a nursing mother's breasts.

This is 2021.  Women should have come so far with our thinking and we as women are more than what we are wearing or how beautiful we are.

Those days of women being judged on how we look should be over with.  Yet, it still goes on because women not only allow this, but participate.

I long for the days when it will not matter what we are wearing or how we wear our hair and make-up.  A day when we will not be judged on our appearance.  I suppose we have a long way to go.

We are our own worst enemies.  I have noticed that my granddaughters and their friends are not so much into looks.  I am glad and hopeful that maybe this next generation will finally bring women out of the past and into a brighter future

Respected Contributor

Men don’t have these conversations.
Super Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  -  I have many opinions and thoughts, but I'm not into making ugly remarks on a forumn, behind a keyboard. Frankly, some of these posts are cringeworthy.... women bashing women. Says a LOT about how some feel about themselves!

Did it occur to anyone that maybe they liked how they looked? Maybe they started the day feeling good about themselves? 

Many mean "girls" on this forumn.

So yeah .... seriously!!!!! 

Respected Contributor

These ladies were never the fashion plates Diana and Kate were/are and that's perfectly fine. As for their faces, they have no control over genetics unless they choose to get cosmetic surgery which is their choice, so there's no reason to make catty comments about their appearance. 

I'm sure if both wore tan pleated chinos with pearls and a twinset, some of you would be salivating over them since apparently stuffy, bland classic styles is what's only approved of on this board. 

Respected Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

These ladies were never the fashion plates Diana and Kate were/are and that's perfectly fine. As for their faces, they have no control over genetics unless they choose to get cosmetic surgery which is their choice, so there's no reason to make catty comments about their appearance. 

I'm sure if both wore tan pleated chinos with pearls and a twinset, some of you would be salivating over them since apparently stuffy, bland classic styles is what's only approved of on this board. 

Pearls go with anything, but no thank you to the outfit.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky