Respected Contributor

White tees and shirts that aren't see through

One of my pet peeves is the difficulty of finding tops - tees especially - that aren't flimsy and see through. It's particularly hard to find white ones.

I found this long-sleeve tee at Penneys and it's a winner. Soft silky material and not see-through (with a beige bra).

a.n.a. Essential Long Sleeve T-shirt. Comes in regular or petites.

Cotton/modal/spandex

a.n.a® Essential Long-Sleeve T-Shirt

This tee is on sale for $12 ($22 regular price). I bought it in petite to get the right sleeve length. It's long, even in petite. Love the neckline.

It comes in other colors as well as stripes.

Respected Contributor

Re: White tees and shirts that aren't see through

[ Edited ]

L L Bean also sells some tees that aren't see-through even in white. This is a favorite of mine. I find that their tees run a big on the big side.

Womens Pima Cotton Tee, Elbow-Sleeve Scoopneck.

Women's Pima Cotton Tee, Elbow-Sleeve Scoopneck

and this one, Womens Pima Cotton Tee, Long-Sleeve V-Neck

Pima Cotton Tee, Long-Sleeve V-Neck

Trusted Contributor

You are so right.  It's next to impossible to find reasonably opaque white tees.  I will be checking these out.

Respected Contributor

I agree - I also find it hard to find non-flimsy white tees. Thank you for the heads up on where to find some!

Super Contributor

I agree with L L Bean. I also have a Liz Claiborne NY white cotton tee that's a nice weight cotton and not see through either, I can any but my darkest bras with it

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bichon_emma wrote:

I agree with L L Bean. I also have a Liz Claiborne NY white cotton tee that's a nice weight cotton and not see through either, I can any but my darkest bras with it

Hi!

I'm curious - did you buy the Liz one at QVC, or at Penneys?

Honored Contributor

I only wear 100% cotton tee's.  I get mine at Christopher Banks.  I machine wash and hang to dry.  I find that they last a very long time for me.  I am wearing some that I purchased 6-7 years ago and they look like new.

I buy a boat load of them when they go on sale.  I have their short. 3/4, elbow length and long sleeve shirts.

Respected Contributor

believe it or not, i've found great white tees at costco on occasion.  don't remember the brand, but they're really nice.

Valued Contributor

I find great T's at JJill - love the length and they are not see thru at all.  I really like the ballet neck and 3/4 sleeves too! They do have sleeveless, short and long sleeved.  Also make wonderful long sleeved white crisp shirts as does Banana R!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do most of my shopping at Belk's.  They have a house brand of tees that are just fine - no see thru and easy care.  Also very inexpensive - often buy one, get one half off, or free.  Lots of other bands, but the house brand is a sure thing.