Honored Contributor

Re: White soles on most Skechers shoes.... really?

Don't like the white and won't purchase.

Frequent Contributor

@KingstonsMom   I think they start out ugly.   White soles are just glaring color (if white is a color) out of nowhere, totally detracts from any outfit.

Respected Contributor

I only buy the white sole shoes if it's on a light colored summer shoe, and if it's really, really marked down. Otherwise I want a dark color sole. So I pass on many, many of their styles and colors because how many black Skechers can one person wear.

Frequent Contributor

@queendiva Yes, Skechers makes somewhat dressy shoes, at least they are not sneakers --  what they sometimes call "ballet flats" and others.  But I can get only gray or black because otherwise the soles are glaring white.   Sooooooo annoying.

Frequent Contributor

@grandma r   And women too now!

Frequent Contributor

@ALRATIBA  Yes, on sneakers (you mention laces) they are at least not so out-of-place.  

Frequent Contributor

@SilleeMee Yes, that is exactly what I'm talking about too.   Different strokes, right?  Thanks for your perspective.

Honored Contributor

JaneSilver:  You're not the only one...........I've been secretly thinking the same.

Especially with Fall/Winter shoes.  Would like dark grey or black soles on the Fall/Winter styles.  White soles seem 'Summer-y' to me.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

Those white soles on anything but white shoes or Chuck Taylor sneakers are just plain ugly and they ruin the look of many an otherwise beautiful shoe. Hopefully this fashion trend will pass soon.

Frequent Contributor

@Buffalogal47   Yes!   So many shoes that I really like except for the ugly white soles.   Whose idea was this?  Are we playing tennis or what?