Honored Contributor

Re: White soles on most Skechers shoes.... really?

I won't buy shoes with white soles either.  Just not interested.

Trusted Contributor

I don't mind white soles on summerl light  shoes ....but on dark winter shoes...no. This has been my complaint for years.

Respected Contributor

I'm not a fan of white soles on any kind of shoe, unless it's a white shoe. I don't like white shoes, either.

Esteemed Contributor

White sole on an althetic shoe not a problem.  I don't care for the accent colors.  I prefer a solid color shoe.

Respected Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

To me the white soles on casual shoes that so many men wear with suits looks odd.  I prefer dress shoes with suits.  And, yes, I'm old, but, that's my prerogative. 

Totally agree ....I love a nice pair of wing tips .. boy is that showing my age .....

Trusted Contributor

I live is desert of Phoenix  Dust/dirt flying every where.  I could never keep white clean...plus I don't like the look of it.  I wish there would be more of the same color.

Honored Contributor

I found this on google and it makes sense why there are more white soles on shoes these days...it's all about the money:

"Shoes have white soles because it is cheaper to manufacturer the white color rather than adding in different colors. The rubber is made from a softer material, lower in density, contains more air, therefore weighs less and costs less."

Respected Contributor

First of all, I don't like white shoes. Secondly, I HATE white soles!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm glad you mentioned this - I thought it was just me.  The only time I want white soles is on white sneakers.  Otherwise, I want the sole to match the color of the shoe.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

I am with you! I just don't like the way the white stands out on darker colors. I have quite a few Easy Spirit shoes that have a dark bottom. I think my foot looks smaller & they don't show every little scuff.