Honored Contributor

Re: White jeans and white sandals

Wore white for 30 years as an X-Ray Tech. Do not care for white slacks.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

Love white jeans, they are my summer go to. I never wear white shoes or sandals though.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @SunSprite  Yes, I've had quite a few posters who blamed me...opps, I mean thanked me (hahaha) for motivating them to do a major purge or to at least really look at their closets and their shopping habits.

I have one pair of Kut from the Kloth white jeans that I do wear once in a while...I agree they are too heavy for hot/humid weather.  I wear my other white bottoms a lot more (lighterweight capris, ankle pants, WWC).  I also have a pair of white denim wide-legs that I wear a lot...they are lighter, shorter and cooler than the KfK.

The only white shoes I wear are sneaks...I have one pair.  YMMV, but I don't like white footwear at all.

In your OP, you say you "love white clothing in general" except for jeans... soooo concentrate on purchasing more of the lightweight styles you like, woman!  

Jeans you want to "make more of an effort to see if I can tolerate them more this summer" and "make myself wear them or donate."  So the question is, why do you want to tolerate them?  Why make yourself wear them?  

And white footwear?  Hello!  You say in your OP that you "just don't like how they look on my feet!" 

Bottom line:  Donate them.  Don't buy any more.  Live and learn.

Aren't you glad you gave me a shout-out!?   Have a great evening, SunSprite!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Trusted Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

I love white in the summer months, and recently had my daughter order a pretty pleated white dress by Antthony on HSN for my upcoming birthday. I love white capris, and sandals.

I find it is much harder to keep clean in hot weather when you perspire, and then sit on a park bench etc. Other than having to work extra hard to keep it clean, I like it.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles 

That is such a pretty dress and you will look beautiful in it.  Please post a picture!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tennesseegal  Thank you! I just had to have it, and will be sure to post a pic, once I find the perfect sandals.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Trusted Contributor

@SandySparkles 

A gold metallic sandal would work really well with that dress because it appears to me to have a Grecian look about it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tennesseegal wrote:

@SandySparkles 

A gold metallic sandal would work really well with that dress because it appears to me to have a Grecian look about it.

@Tennesseegal That's a good idea! I think I'll try that first. It will certainly be a new direction for me, as I don't have any gold sandals.The model's shoes look similar (not sure because of my monitor), but I could NEVER pull off that heel.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I never wear white shoes. 

Honored Contributor

I wear white jeans all year around.  I have a 100% cotton one I wear.  I love to hike and I always wear full length jeans along with long sleeves (100% cotton) along with boots.  And this is in the middle of summer.  I have a pair of white skinny and one pair of white straight.  I wear them in the winter. 

I have white sandals and white sneakers.  I still wear them year round.  

Valued Contributor

@MacDUFF  hahaha, you were right the first time with "blamed"! Smiley Very Happy

Actually between you, the show "Hoarders", and watching my parents' fill up their house with "stuff" it's really changed how I look at things.I do find it interesting how I can struggle with something so trivial as getting rid of certain clothing. My Dad frequently says "but we might need that one day". Easy to see where that seed got planted! 

Hard to admit but I know you are right. And how often do we really make ourselves wear something we don't like on us? (not counting bridesmaids' dresses by the way). Smiley Wink

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon