Valued Contributor

White jeans and white sandals

I'll admit I have a love/hate thing going on with white jeans. I love white clothing in general and nothing is better in the hot and humid summer days. 

Jeans are something I almost never wear past May. Too thick, too much material.In fact, as summer rolls along I frequently even stop reaching for my jean shorts on the weekend in favor of light cotton or linen.I do have thinner white capris, shorts, cotton skirts, etc. and wear them frequently.

Which brings me back to the white jeans. I have two nice pairs of full length, one pair of cropped, and one capri. They all look brand new because I rarely wear them. As much as I love white, I really need to make more of an effort to see if I can tolerate them more this summer---or at the very least through September and October. 

Same situation with white sandals/summer shoes. I have a few of them, and they all look brand new. In theory I should be wearing them all summer long. In practice I just don't like how they look on my feet! 

I've finally stopped buying both (white jeans/shoes) but need to either make myself wear them or donate. 

Anyone else struggle with wearing either?

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

Re: White jeans and white sandals

@SunSprite wrote:

I'll admit I have a love/hate thing going on with white jeans. I love white clothing in general and nothing is better in the hot and humid summer days. 

Jeans are something I almost never wear past May. Too thick, too much material.In fact, as summer rolls along I frequently even stop reaching for my jean shorts on the weekend in favor of light cotton or linen.I do have thinner white capris, shorts, cotton skirts, etc. and wear them frequently.

Which brings me back to the white jeans. I have two nice pairs of full length, one pair of cropped, and one capri. They all look brand new because I rarely wear them. As much as I love white, I really need to make more of an effort to see if I can tolerate them more this summer---or at the very least through September and October. 

Same situation with white sandals/summer shoes. I have a few of them, and they all look brand new. In theory I should be wearing them all summer long. In practice I just don't like how they look on my feet! 

I've finally stopped buying both (white jeans/shoes) but need to either make myself wear them or donate. 

Anyone else struggle with wearing either?

Wear them at night when you're going to an air conditioned restaurant. 

Respected Contributor

I love white jeans and wear them regularly in the warmer weather when it is dry.  I do not like back splash stains when it is wet outside.  

I never wear white shoes or sandals.  I just do not like how they look on me.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SunSprite 

I can relate to you completely! For some reason white bottoms make me a little self-conscious! I feel more confident in a darker bottom.

I recently picked up a skinny pair of white denim pedal pushers and I like them paired with a tunic length top but the top has to be slim line and hit in the right place like so

38B09719-2632-4B59-BC07-A3CEDFD9A768.jpeg

Meanwhile with a darker bottom I would wear something tucked in! I'm just not comfortable doing it with white

Esteemed Contributor

I love white in the summer months, and recently had my daughter order a pretty pleated white dress by Antthony on HSN for my upcoming birthday. I love white capris, and sandals.

I find it is much harder to keep clean in hot weather when you perspire, and then sit on a park bench etc. Other than having to work extra hard to keep it clean, I like it.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Valued Contributor

@Andreatoo Super cute outfit!! With your figure you could wear anything!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@SunSprite 

I can relate to you completely! For some reason white bottoms make me a little self-conscious! I feel more confident in a darker bottom.

I recently picked up a skinny pair of white denim pedal pushers and I like them paired with a tunic length top but the top has to be slim line and hit in the right place like so

38B09719-2632-4B59-BC07-A3CEDFD9A768.jpeg

Meanwhile with a darker bottom I would wear something tucked in! I'm just not comfortable doing it with white

I love this look! It's funny, because I must have been in the process of writing my previous post when posted this. GMTA.😉

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I like white Jean's or slacks with white sandals.

Some people don't like their feet, or think their feet are too large.

Honored Contributor

@spursfan2 

Thank you! I appreciate it but but I still feel self-conscious wearing white bottoms! LOL

Respected Contributor

It gets extremely hot where I live, so I don't wear jeans in the summer either because they're too heavy. I do wear them the rest of the year. White jeans and other white pants lost their status with me at least 10 years ago. I don't see them as any kind of an essential anymore. And, I don't think I've purchased white sandals for decades.