Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: White jeans and white sandals

@Andreatoo  I really do like that look! And I agree about the length of the top too. 

Last night I was waiting on the dryer to turn off and reading posts here, when I remembered @MacDUFF and the big closet purge from quite a while back. Lol I wonder if she realizes how many closets she caused to be cleaned out? Anyway, I went through most of my clothes then but kept the white jeans/sandals I had. Why, I do not know.

I suspect I need to just donate. If they get pushed to the back of the closet this year I will for sure when the seasons switch over. 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Valued Contributor

@Desert Lily That struck a chord with me. I probably purchased originally because I felt I should have those in my closet. Which is usually the kiss of death in ever wearing them. Smiley Tongue

@ECBG  I have many various body parts that I would change if I could but one that I am actually happy with is my feet. My daughter and I both like our feet. For some reason my ,mind goes to the 80's with white shoes (not sure what it is reminding me of) and they just look weird on me. Definitely need to donate the shoes!

thanks for the replies Smiley Happy

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Trusted Contributor

@SunSprite  I have white jeans, knee-length shorts, and capris, but I also can't wear the jeans in the dead of summer as it's just too hot/humid. 

I have three pairs of white shoes: slip-ons; two are leather - one is plain with an emblem embossed on the top part, and one pair has brass studs (pencil eraser sized) on the top part of the shoe; both are really pretty. The third pair are white leather slides with crossover pieces to form the front/top of shoe (so hard to describe 😄.) A lot of times I wear nude-colored flat slides with the white shorts/capris; depends really on the tops.

I'm not usually a white shoe enthusiast, but each of them are not a typical white shoe, if that makes any sense. Amongst other weaknesses, I love shoes. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@SunSprite 

Why not dye them a color that you would wear into fall or spring?

I have a lovely BF who washed (and ruined) my not yet worn garment dyed light pink shirt and jacket.  I ended up dying them a dark purple and now I do wear them since there are no "oops" spots.

Esteemed Contributor

Guess I don't understand the opposition to white jeans and shoes.  Once summer arrives, I wear white pedal pushers or white jeans often.   I do not wear sandals of any kind, but I do wear white canvas "Bobs."    To me, white = summer.  And every color of t-shirt I own goes with white pants (except, I don't wear white tops with white pants for some reason).

@Andreatoo - I love those white pedal pushers with the cuff.  I have a pair just like them - ha.  Love white bottoms with a black top and white shoes.   Nice look!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@SunSprite : right there with you.

Rarely wear my IML white jeans- too hot. Light weight white denim Bermuda shorts? Yes. Vintage D&Co. Have not been offered in years

White sandals- I have one pair. Must have a black sole, or too much white. I only wear them with black & white outfits- crops, dresses, etc as they are not my most comfortable pair. Have also had these forever. I prefer a metallic pair of sandals. Go with everything.

Honored Contributor

I know what you mean.  I love white in summer and think it looks so crip and cool.  However, I have never been entirely comfortable with wearing white slacks or jeans.  I have a pair of white jeans and a pair of crop jeans that are really nice but I seldom wear them either.  I feel like white on the bottom draws attention there, which I don't need!  LOL.  Any how--- I am better with dark on the bottom and white on the top!  As for white sandals, I did use to wear them when I wore the white bottoms.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  I have one pair of white pants.  You wear once and then you need to launder.  I think it looks good when you wear an off white or light tan sandal with white pants.  I only own one pair of white sandals and I will wear them with jeans.  My jeans are very lightweight because they are the pullon type from Walmart.  They hardly cost anything and wash beautifully and are comfortable and you can wear year round.   That is the one item I buy at Walmart along with pajamas & nightgowns.  I don't like their tops.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@lolakimono  That never occurred to me! Now I see why they pay you the big bucks Cat Very Happy

I think that sounds like a perfect project to do with my crafty daughter. We could have some fun together picking out a color and seeing how it turns out. Always looking for something we can do at home. 

thanks for the suggestion! I probably won't see her again until July, but I will do my best to post how it turns out

(unless it goes tragically wrong, then maybe not)

Esteemed Contributor

I have a couple of pairs of white jeans, one capri and one regualr length.  To me I think when wearing white pants it's best to wear a white sandal or sneaker of which I also own.  Keep the look fresh IMO.  I do wear them during summer but not a lot.  I think it's

because for many years I had to wear white scrubs for my profession.  I enjoy more light colored capri's and linen items.