Honored Contributor

What do you think of that combination? I saw Marisa Tomei on GMA this morning and thought she looked so sharp and classy. I like the blouse. I believe she's wearing black shoes.

I could never wear it, I'm too pale. Not to mention that as soon as I did, I'd spill or somehow get a stain on it.

She's promoting the upcoming Spiderman movie, so it was probably put together by a stylist. I remember "they" used to say never wear white on tv. This is the only photo I could find. Looked pretty with her dark hair.

DC7Ur3SV0AE7iwl.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: White Top With White Pants

[ Edited ]

Why not??  I wear it and I am a very fair blonde!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am fair-complexioned.  I wear white with white, but it has to be 'white,' and not ivory or creamy white.  I look jaundiced with that color.  I wear summer and winter colors, of which optic white is one.  I am careful to wear them to the right places where I will not be tempted to eat or get myself into situations where I may get anything on my clothing.  It has to be the right textures or it will look "made up."

The 'crisp white blouse' is one that I wear well because it is optic white.  I can wear it with white pants, usually in cotton or a cotton-poly blend.  I have white silk pants that I wear infrequently with white blouses but the white silk pants are not optic white but it is a look you can pull off if you use the right accessories.  

Honored Contributor

I think it could look beautiful as long as there was  texture or  white on white print, embrodery, or some focus like a statement necklace or earrings.

I'd wear some interesting strappy sandals with texture.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I think it could look beautiful as long as there was  texture or  white on white print, embrodery, or some focus like a statement necklace or earrings.

I'd wear some interesting strappy sandals with texture.

NAT:  I have white floral stilleto heels (similar to the look Melania wears but not price) that I wear with white-on-white.

Esteemed Contributor

I have dark hair and eyes and like it. However, I'm always wondering if I look like the Good Humor Man.

Honored Contributor

White is not my everyday color but when on vacation in a warm climate, I will wear white pants with a white top. (we are not talking the Good Humor man's attire)

Respected Contributor

I like white top with white pants. I would like this blouse better with a different neckline. It is pretty, but the neckline is too high.

Honored Contributor

If you want to tone that white-on-white outfit down, try wearing a black eyelet cardigan with it and tie it at the waist for a casual but dressy look.

Honored Contributor

First time I ever went to Ireland, many years ago, I got a white blouse with a similar neckline and lace/eyelet cutouts. In a shop in Dublin. It's very "old fashioned" but there's something about it that I love. Still have it, don't know if it would still fit me. Probably not, wishful thinking. It's sentimental so I hold onto it.

I enjoyed seeing a woman on tv with a higher neckline. I'm no prude at all, I just thought it was fresh looking and sort of refreshing.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"