Honored Contributor

Wore them to go to the dial phone and call their mothers.

Honored Contributor

OP - my DH ( who is 71) said to tell you it is because men who are over 60 have enough common sense to not be buying shoes that make them look like they should be in kindergarten. He just ordered a new pair of New Balance shoes and they are white.

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

Am I missing something?

Why do I see so many "older" men (60+) wearing white tennis shoes now that winter is here?  Is it a new "fashion" statement for men?

@RinaRina

I go shopping with DH (60+) when he looks for sneakers.  He will not even look at the black, or green, or blue, or orange, etc. sneakers, let alone purchase them.  His sneakers are white trimmed in black or dark blue or gray.  No, it is not a new fashion statement; it just is.  Smiley Happy 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Frequent Contributor

Re: White Sneakers for Men

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

Wore them to go to the dial phone and call their mothers.

Sooner
You are downright rude. You too will be old one day. Let's hope people respect you just a little more than you do your elders. I bet he doesn't wear his pant with all his goods hanging out. Also bet his wife has the good taste to wear a bra under her shirt and not as a shirt. Hopefully her skirt will cover more than her belly button and she won't wear leggings as pants and allow us to see all matter of private crevices. Also maybe that old man wearing white tennis shoes will have his hands somewhere other than grabbing the Crown Jewels.  Yes maybe the older generation has just a little more taste than the younger and thus let me suggest my vote for white tennis shoes. 

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

OP - my DH ( who is 71) said to tell you it is because men who are over 60 have enough common sense to not be buying shoes that make them look like they should be in kindergarten. He just ordered a new pair of New Balance shoes and they are white.

My DH wears New Balance white sneakers too. He is almost 60.

Honored Contributor

Re: White Sneakers for Men

[ Edited ]

I think white sneakers are fine for everyone. Any time of year.

I just wish this one guy in my gym class would get some different shoes... His are gray & pink... I have a couple gray/pink combo shoes & I keep wondering if he is wearing ladies shoes.. lol...

Regular Contributor

My father wore white sneakers when he started to get a bad hip and could no longer wear his boots.  He wore boots his whole life, year around, until his hip got bad.  It could be a medical issue and they wear them for stability.  Let's not be so judgemental about other people.

Respected Contributor

Did anybody call the fashion police?

Respected Contributor
Lol, wow, I didn't know it was a crime to wear white tennis shoes, and never thought it was especially wrong for them to be worn after Labor Day. I really don't take any notice of people's tennis shoes. In fact, I rather see them than some other types of foot wear.
Honored Contributor

Seems like white athletic shoes are sort of a classic and are essentially seasonless.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...