Honored Contributor

White Jeans In Winter-Another Thought: "Just Another Bright"

Although I don't care for ripped jeans per se, the worn with the more dressy can be interesting visually.  I won't do it though.

Creative ideas from Live About

https://www.liveabout.com/totally-chic-outfit-ideas-for-white-skinny-jeans-4147324

Honored Contributor

Re: White Jeans In Winter-Another Thought: "Just Another Bright"

I won't be sporting white in winter.  At first, I didn't mind ripped jeans.  Now that the rips have the knee totally exposed, I'm in the no way category.  Too much of a good thing spoils it.

Trusted Contributor

I’m old school when it comes to not wearing white after Labor Day...at least up north; if you live in the south I don’t see an issue; I think in New England or Michigan it looks silly...winter white yes...summer white no...jmo 

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Esteemed Contributor

The ripped look was cute on the models that were in their teens. 

I can't get past the bunching at the knee area with the straight leg and legging look.  That is why I avoid them.  I don't know why, I just don't like the look.  As

As far as wearing white jeans in winter........I wouldn't if we stayed up north, but down south, I wear them all winter.....sans rips Smiley Happy.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Contributor

Yes, I wear white in the winter.  Not into the ripped look though.  Also wear black in the summer.  I've never understood why a color can't be worn because of the date on a calendar.  I wear what makes me happy.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I used to always wear "winter" white when I lived in Southern California but now that I live in the rainy PNW I have given that up because I was always get the bottom of my pants dirty.  

Respected Contributor

The fall/winter looks are nice!...I have nothing against wearing white before or after labor day.  I ventured out one day this week wearing light bleach washed ankle jeans! but it was a nice day in the 70s. that was as good as it gets (for now)

I don't mind the ripped jeans in those pics - they make the outfit a bit edgy and interesting

Esteemed Contributor

I have no problem with white any time of year,it depends on the fabric of the pants. But the distressed look in jeans...if you're out of your teens I think it looks bad,really bad.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

#4. Wear a black and white top over white jeans.  

Well, I never would have thought of this myself!  It is life-changing.  Here I was ignoring my black and white tops, when all along, I could have worn them with my white jeans.  Thank goodness for this writer to open my eyes at last.

Smiley Very Happy

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

White looks great in the spring and summer when the sun is brighter, and the earth is broken out in bright greeens and beautiful tones from the flowers and the skies.  White sings in the summer.

In winter, when the sky isn't so bright and is often cloudy, the earth is gray and brown with dead grasses and trees without leaves, snow and mud and ice are around sometimes and the whole world is darker, white just stands out too much to me.  Winter white almost beige or ivory is fine, but not bright white.  It just doesn't do with the surroundings.

I won't wear really bright clothes on a rainy day either, because I feel like I stand out too much.  So to me it's why we wear darker colors or lighter ones in season.  It just doesn't clash with mother nature when we do the traditional colors.