Super Contributor

Whiskering on Jeans

[ Edited ]

Isn't this trend over?  Saw some cute D&C jeggings this a.m., but the whiskering is unappealing to me.  Always has been, but I thought it would be a passing phase... 

Spoiler
Edit: I don!t like the frayed edges either...
Honored Contributor

Its one of those fashion things that comes and goes, but never completely disappearing.

To bad that spoiled the jeggings for you.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I had hoped whiskering and the highlight fading was past.  Most influencers are suggesting a dark jean.  Crossing fingers!

Honored Contributor

Yuck, I really don't like the look of whiskering. I think it's still around though. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Whiskering on Jeans

[ Edited ]

I don't care about influencers or what they are saying.  They are just regular people who have opinions and some are paid spokespeople.  I think whiskering and fading are past being a trend.  If you like whiskering, fine.  If you don't like it, fine.  It's like embellished jeans.  You are free to take them or leave them but they aren't a trend that's going to be over anytime soon.  The thing I love about fashion now is that the concept of "in style" doesn't exist anymore. Women don't wear what they are told to wear now.  There are endless selections and we are free to develop our own personal sense of style.  

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

I don't like it either.  Nor the fading and distressing.  Just not my style.  

For jeans, I'm strictly dark indigo and black ... regular length, straight or wide leg.

---------------------------------------

@Mindy D wrote:

Yuck, I really don't like the look of whiskering. I think it's still around though. 

Honored Contributor

I like it and I like the frayed hem.  I think there are those that just prefer the classic clean look as opposed to those that live the "live-in" look.  There are enough choices for all.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree 

Fine if you don't like the influencers, but they do and have a profound effect on sales.  They coined the term "capsule wardrobe" and helped lift up the company "Lily Silk", and Veronica Beard, among other things.  

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I had hoped whiskering and the highlight fading was past.  Most influencers are suggesting a dark jean.  Crossing fingers!

@ECBG   Found some wonderful Laurie Felt no whiskering jeans.  

This relaxed jean in indigo is a deep dark no whiskering almost black color.  Very pleased with them, great price and quality, will miss her jeans.

A471802

Laurie Felt Regular Forever Denim Relaxed Straight Jeans

PLAY
Play Video Automatically 

Previously recorded videos may contain expired pricing, exclusivity claims, or promotional offers.
On-Air Presentation
See It in Action
product thumbnailproduct thumbnail 1product thumbnail 2product thumbnail 3

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 

WOW!  Thanks!  Purfect color, NO orange stitching.  Now if I could get that jean in a stove pipe leg.

Many thanks!!!Smiley Happy