Valued Contributor

Re: While on the subject of denim jackets...

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@manhattan1950 wrote:

I wouldn't wear a denim jacket with a dressy jumpsuit, dress, etc. IMO, denim jackets are SO yesterday.

@manhattan1950, says who?

It's MY opinion. You disagree? Could care less.

Super Contributor

@Nonametoday 

Glad you had a great time!

Sometimes it’s best to wear the unexpected with the expected, you’ll be noticed in a sea of ordinary!

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

Report on the jumpsuit.  Some of the ladies (most of them I know) looked at me with a condescending eye (and I knew there was an eye roll when I was not looking) but one who saw me said "Oh, you always look chic and edgy.  What about you!"  Then others chimed in and agreed and I was all relaxed and did not pay attention to the eyeroll.  It's all good.  The best was the bride-to-be who said "You look darling.   I wish I could wear a denim jacket with my gown.  It's going to be cool Saturday evening."

I will admit I felt a little on edge when I walked in but after a while I felt comfortable and some of the ladies had short sleeves with spring attire and looked chilled.

I am glad you went with it....you,your style and your way!I bet you got those other ladies talking amongst themselves and thinking about that look.You know it was right when the bride to be loved it.