Honored Contributor

While on the subject of denim jackets...

[ Edited ]

I am attending a bridal shower brunch tomorrow morning.  It will be very cool when I leave home but will get up to 80 before I return.  I have a jumpsuit that is somewhat dressy that I had planned to wear but it is sleeveless. I want to bring it down a bit for a brunch but still think it is cute to wear.  I thought about wearing a denim jacket with it to bring it down a bit and to keep warm until the weather warmed up and it might not warm up given the place has a rip-roaring air conditioning unit in summers that is always brrrrcoldbrrr.

Do you think I have lost my mind to want to wear them together or will someone think I am trying to copy Sharon Stone's wearing the white shirt with the silk skirt.  

Would you do it?  The venue is a very nice, well-appointed older mansion and I wanted to give myself a little flare with the jumpsuit which is nice but not satin or velvet, just good old polyester but it is a Lafayette 148 (NWOT on Ebay, practically a steal).  Am I nuts to want to wear this, or is it acceptable?  The jumpsuit is black.  I will wear black matte pumps.

Trusted Contributor

Re: While on the subject of denim jackets...

I love denim jackets with dressier clothes.

I have the Linea crepe maxi sleeveless dress in pink (can't remember the correct name) and I wear it with an old Chico's jacket with bright pink jewel buttons. Love the look.

I say go for it!

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like a hit!! You’ll look lovely.

Honored Contributor

It sounds like a dressy event.  If so, I wouldn't wear it.

Valued Contributor

I wouldn't wear a denim jacket with a dressy jumpsuit, dress, etc. IMO, denim jackets are SO yesterday.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday , sounds great.  Go for it.  LM

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday: IMO, a denim jacket would make your dressy outfit look casual. What about a shawl???

Honored Contributor

One thing AG has is very nice denim jackets.  I like this one.  It's called the Robyn

50% Chance Of Breeze

The Robyn Jacket

Honored Contributor

@manhattan1950 wrote:

I wouldn't wear a denim jacket with a dressy jumpsuit, dress, etc. IMO, denim jackets are SO yesterday.

@manhattan1950, says who?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Report on the jumpsuit.  Some of the ladies (most of them I know) looked at me with a condescending eye (and I knew there was an eye roll when I was not looking) but one who saw me said "Oh, you always look chic and edgy.  What about you!"  Then others chimed in and agreed and I was all relaxed and did not pay attention to the eyeroll.  It's all good.  The best was the bride-to-be who said "You look darling.   I wish I could wear a denim jacket with my gown.  It's going to be cool Saturday evening."

I will admit I felt a little on edge when I walked in but after a while I felt comfortable and some of the ladies had short sleeves with spring attire and looked chilled.