Honored Contributor

Re: Which is your favorite handbag?

Respected Contributor

@On It wrote:

@1Professor My favorite bag is my monogram LV Speedy 30. I got it at Neiman Marcus and paid $350 in 1993 or so. My standing joke with the family is that I wanted my ashes put in it. (I really wasn't joking.)

I just looked at the LV website to check on current Speedy styles and could not believe today's prices. The family may want to sell all my LV bags and leave me in the fireplace with the other ashes. LOL

@On It 

The LV Speedy in monogram is my total delight.

Love that coated cotton.

Love the Speedy 30 size.

Just added a Speedy monogram 25, just right for dashes to the store and it has a crossbody bandoliere!

Audrey rocked it first.

best-louis-vuitton-bags-282696-1569406785192-image.700x0c.jpg

Respected Contributor

@On It @Wow! I just checked the website! Yikes! I got my first one which is my favorite around the same time as you. About the same price also. I was on the fence about it and the sales associate said... the prices are going up soon. I got it and she was correct a few days later a price hike. I just love it!

Honored Contributor

@1Professor   Who doesn't love roses?

I have a number of handbags, totes, wrstlets in my arselal but like you and many others I have a few that are favs for summer and for winter. While a few are lreal leather, many are not and I use both. 

I pick and choose wisely more the comfort factor with pockets in a handbag before I buy one. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

My favorite bag right now is either the Hammitt Nash or Frye wristlet. I don't carry much other than phone, credit card case and keys so I don't need a big bag anymore. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have to give kudo's for you ladies that post pictures.  Thank you.

I don't have a pocketbook obsession but of course I do own many.  It's hard to pick a favorite but I have to say it's most likely my Arthur fabric bag with leather trim that can be carried like a backpack.  It has a suttle print of a dressed up lady at a cafe with the word cafe stitched in here and there.    I bought it while vacationing in Hungary at a shop where they are handmade.  It's very special to me and I have had more compliments on that bag than any other "expensive" bag that I own.

Valued Contributor

I'm a long time collector and have many faves.  Probably my Denim Patchwork Speedy, my cherished Fringe Buckets, my Murakami multicolor items, my W BB in Magnolia and many more.  All Louis Vuitton.  Here's one of my favorites, the White Transparent Lockit.  It's just so pretty to look at.

transparentlockit.jpg

And, what I've been carrying latelly, my white Hermes Evelyne TPM.

hermestpm.jpg

I have other less expensive bags that I love too, particularly Pietro Allessandro bags, all made in New York from several years ago.

Respected Contributor

@sunsetbeach 

The denim patchwork speedy was on my Wish List, but wasn't able to swing it. Envy!

Now saving for the LV Speedy in damier ebene.

Love those checks!

Respected Contributor

@1Professor you will love it! Lv speedy in Damier ebene!!

Respected Contributor

@Franklinbell wrote:

@1Professor you will love it! Lv speedy in Damier ebene!!

@Franklinbell   Oooo, you must have one!

Unknown.jpeg