Respected Contributor

Which dress to wear at wedding?

I'm going to a wedding October 12th. It's an evening wedding but the theme is country and rustic so it's not formal. The bride is wearing a plaid shirt over her gown and cowboy boots as a tribute to her late stepdad, who raised her and died of stomach cancer several years ago. The reception is lite fare with cocktail foods and the entire event will be at a local botanical garden.

I have two dresses from Evine in my closet I'm considering. I hope the weather won't be too warm because I'm planning to wear mid calf boots. Here are the contenders:

739-390_02_swatch.jpeg

731-459_04_swatch.jpeg

I'm leaning more towards the top one, it looks more fall like but the grey is a better evening color. Putting your own style aside, which would you choose? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Which dress to wear at wedding?

Putting your own style aside, which would you choose? 

The top one
Honored Contributor

I'd pick the top ... but do something to jazz up the bodice.  Leather vest?  Fringed jacket?

Honored Contributor

The top one, for sure. The wedding sounds like fun and I love the bride's choice of the shirt and boots, too sweet.

Honored Contributor

I like the bottom dress better, and I love gray.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I would definately wear the first one (the gold longer one)..

think it would look great for that themed occassion.

Respected Contributor

I think the top one fits the theme you've described.

Have fun.

Honored Contributor

I choose the gray dress since you’re wearing mid calf boots 👢 

Esteemed Contributor

@Cumbercookie13  Not up on Country fashion, but #1 would my choice of the two. Any other idea would include a denim skirt with your boots. Shopping in your closet seems like a great idea if the Bride is wearing a flannel shirt over her gown. Nice memories. The venue sounds lovely. Have fun!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

I like the top dress as it keeps with the theme and the fact that is is an evening wedding you would be ready for any temperature changes or bug action with the longer skirt and sleeves.  I love the color of the first dress and there are so many possible items that can be paired with it such as a scarf, belt, cardigan, jewelry, or suede jacket you would be a stunner. The boots are a great addition as well!