Occasional Contributor

Re: Which designers (and or brands) and what items (from them) do you buy the most?

Having lost a lot of weight over the past 2 years, I have had to buy 2 or 3 new wardrobes.  I'm not ashamed to say that probably 85% came from Kohl's sale racks.  The rest is a mix of Fred Meyer (local NW variety store), Target, Marshalls, TJ Maxx and Macy's.  Alway on sale, never full price.  If you take a little time to look around, you can dress very well for a fraction of what you'd pay on QVC.  And  buying designer brands at all is just wasteful to me.

My uniform is a t-shirt and cardigan with jeans.  I get my t-shirts from Forever 21 becasue they are cut shorter for my freakishly short torso and they're only about $4.  When you know you're going to wear it to death and a white shirt will be grey fairly quickly, I can't imaging paying $45 for a Graver t-shirt.  Jeans from Kohl's on sale always, but having a problem because Sanoma doesn't come in small enough sizes for me now so need to find something else.

Over the years, I've pruchased a few clothng items from QVC and am consistently disappointed in the 'vanity' sizing.  Always too big compared to store sizing.

I have a Basso coat in return turn-around now.  I ordered a Medium as a treat for myself, looking at the chart closely, and it was big enough for 2 people.  Have exchanged for a Small and we'll see.  If I have to pay 2 return shipping, I'll be pretty peeved.

Valued Contributor

Re: Which designers (and or brands) and what items (from them) do you buy the most?

I'll buy Issac M's things before most anyone else because he almost always uses natural fibers. No cheap acyrlics or polyester for him. If he would only do more petite sizes I'd spend more.

Regular Contributor

I am not brand-loyal either.  I know what styles I like and what I tend to wear.  If something catches my eye and I can't stop thinking about it, I get it.  My closet is full, so I need to have limits.  This week's limit is: still thinking about it hours later...

That being said, LOGO tanks are my fave!  I have the same Isaac tunic in 4 colors and love them all! And my favorite hoodie comes from D&C.