Respected Contributor

Re: Which designers (and or brands) and what items (from them) do you buy the most?

Since I now work mostly from home and part time......I don't buy a lot of clothes. From the Q, I mostly buy Linea tops  or Basso coats. No Logo anything. Otherwise most of my clothes are Talbots suits, dresses, skirts, pants and outerwear, Brooks Brothers pants, vintage leather such as Aigner from thrift stores and jeans (I prefer the hsn brands like Yummie) 7 for all mankind, Coldwater Creek or dkny.  With various different cashmere brands. Now that I am more of a "farm" girl, I have quite a bit of Carhartt. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Which designers (and or brands) and what items (from them) do you buy the most?

On the Q - I used to buy a lot of D&Co until their quality and sizing went south. I also used to buy Q's Dialogue and Motto brands until they were discontinued and I couldn't find anything similar.   There were several years that Coldwater Creek made my little heart sing, and we all know what happened with them.  Is there a pattern here?  Every time I find brands I love and that fit me well, they either go out of business or the quality gets so bad I won't buy it.

Since I retired, I live in Levi's -- so be warned that their days may be numbered......

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

I've become a big fan of LOFT in the past few years.  I need petites, which they offer, and I like the styles and fit (most of the time).

Honored Contributor

I am not at all brand loyal. I really don't have mostly any one or two brands.

I do have several Slinky brand tops, Chico's tops, and Iman jeans. I used to have a lot of Coldwater Creek tops but most of those went to conignment as I lost weight. I do have a few pieces I got at a consignment shop though.

It it has been years since I purchased clothing from QVC. They are too expensive & I get better deals elsewhere. 

Honored Contributor

My clothes are primarily from Anthropologie, Loft and some from Talbots.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

my absolute favorite jeans are ag, but i do have other premium jeans.  once you buy one you never go back. some eileen fisher, vince, nic and zoe.  vince camuto and various brands from nordstrom.  that's where i do the bulk of my shopping.  i do own two gili dresses and a gili handbag.  i love earthies sandals and pedro garcia, when they're on sale.  shoe & boot list is long.  i just bought my first pair of dr martens in patent leather.

Honored Contributor

In the past I have purchased clothing from Linea, Denim & Co., Liz Claiborne, Isaac Mizrahi, Joan Rivers, Quacker Factory, and Susan Graver. I don't buy much online anymore though. I got tired of items not fitting. I would rather try the item on in a store; waste much less $ that way.  I can also find similar things in stores that usually cost less. 

Frequent Contributor

I mostly shop at Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Chicos and Talbots. And an occasional Linea piece. I need to try on. Happy New Year.
Valued Contributor

Linea for office clothing; Logo for casual wear;  IM for dresses and sweaters and GILI for interesting pieces

Outside of QVC, Nordstrom and Orvis.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Occasional Contributor

For around the house -- I work from home -- Denim & Co. tops and bottoms.  Otherwise, for leaving the house -- Linea by Louis Del'Ollio and, slectively, Logo Lounge by Lori Goldstein.