Valued Contributor

Which current Irish sweater style would be best for a bottom heavy figure?

I love the sweaters, but am afraid that they would make me look like a two ton annie. I have a bottom heavy figure. Any recommendations would be welcomed! I am not a little person, 5' 6" and a little overweight. Age 61. Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Which current Irish sweater style would be best for a bottom heavy figure?

I agree with you - these are beautiful sweaters BUT BUTT is the problem with them.

They are too bulky for a full figured gal - they are too long for a shorter person and those collars are too much. I'm 128 lbs and I won't invest in one and I'm not as tall as you are.

They are just too much sweater/coat - too bulky and I don't think Jane nor any of the ladies are looking good in them.

Just my opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

P.S. you could try one and have 30 days to return it if your heart is set on an Irish purchase. Just saying......................

Honored Contributor

What about this one? The bottom is open and it doesn't have pockets like many of the others. A92282

Kilronan Merino Wool Empire Waist 3/4 Sleeve Cardigan

My other thought is this one, because the flowy top would balance you out. A231191

Kilronan Merino Wool Aran Poncho w/ Pockets & Single Button

Valued Contributor

the first one LOLA pictured is the one I thinking for a pear shape. Jane said it is the best seller! It looked really nice on all shapes and sizes.

Trusted Contributor

I have A231191 - the first picture above in black, and yes this is a good choice. Go for a darker color.

Honored Contributor

I agree with FTHunt.....I love the coral 3/4 length that lola posted and would probably be the least bulky. I watched the video when Jane showed this sweater and it even looked bulky on her. If you really would love an Irish sweater, forget the added poundage and enjoy the feel and comfort without worrying about what you look like...life is too short!

Valued Contributor

Thank you, everyone. I appreciate your help. Good advice all around, from all of you. Pas4116, did you size down with the A231191?

Oops, I thought you were talking about A92282, Pas4116. I think I would like that one better.

Super Contributor

none they are bulky with design and cut at a poor level for larger bottoms