Esteemed Contributor

Which Staple wardrobe items should a woman have?

[ Edited ]

I think a really nice handbag is one.  Nice pair of leather gloves, stud earrings, nice string of pearls.  

*Call Tyrone*
Trusted Contributor

Re: Which Staple wardrobe items should a woman have?

@itiswhatitis----I'm thinking - underpants & bras, first and foremost.------------tedEbear

Esteemed Contributor

@tedEbear wrote:

@itiswhatitis----I'm thinking - underpants & bras, first and foremost.------------tedEbear

These items are some women prefer to go without (many women can and do).  I mean other staples that one can put together to be ready for any ocassion.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

In my case a black skirt, black slacks and black shoes. With these I can travel anywhere adding tops of different colors

Honored Contributor

I think that a good bag and  shoes make everything else look better.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

In my case a black skirt, black slacks and black shoes. With these I can travel anywhere adding tops of different colors

Yes indeed!  Black never fails.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I think that a good bag and  shoes make everything else look better.

It does help pull you together.  A lot of us could get away with knowing how to accessorize with key pieces that make an out fit pop!

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

Well, I had to laugh at tedEbear's post.

and the leather gloves made me miss the ones I had and lost-the only ones that ever fit me-pretty black gloves.

But for me, it would be a nice dress that I could wear to almost any nice occasion, including a wedding;

some nice dressier but comfortable shoes;

lots of flip flops (the southern girls high heels);

a nice but comfortable sandal with a little bit of heel;

and totally cotton tops and bottoms to wear for bed and also casual and I mean for hot 1,000 degree toucan weather!

Oh also a nice pair of slacks and I do like skirts. And purses (I call them purses) of course-all kinds.

Probably a lot more things-oh and blingy doesn't have to be expensive jewelry.

Very difficult to find good, breathable light weight comfortable materials these days. It seems many feel like saran wrap.

WEll, I guess I need a little bit of everythingSmiley Happy

I'll let someone else go nowSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I think also a nice dress that can be reimagined with a blazer or cardigan too.  Maybe a sleeveless sheath.  

I was having a discussion with someone about watches.  I personally have not worn a watch since I stopped working. Do you ladies think a nice watch should be a staple?

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Well, I had to laugh at tedEbear's post.

and the leather gloves made me miss the ones I had and lost-the only ones that ever fit me-pretty black gloves.

But for me, it would be a nice dress that I could wear to almost any nice occasion, including a wedding;

some nice dressier but comfortable shoes;

lots of flip flops (the southern girls high heels);

a nice but comfortable sandal with a little bit of heel;

and totally cotton tops and bottoms to wear for bed and also casual and I mean for hot 1,000 degree toucan weather!

Oh also a nice pair of slacks and I do like skirts. And purses (I call them purses) of course-all kinds.

Probably a lot more things-oh and blingy doesn't have to be expensive jewelry.

Very difficult to find good, breathable light weight comfortable materials these days. It seems many feel like saran wrap.

WEll, I guess I need a little bit of everythingSmiley Happy

I'll let someone else go nowSmiley Happy

Everything is that stupid poly-esther!  I hate it.  You should see what some designers want for it.  Not me!  LOL.

I live in the Northeast, so nice slacks are a must for winter. 

*Call Tyrone*