Respected Contributor

Re: Which Necklines Work Best For You?

V-necks. I cannot tolerate anything touching my throat.  I own a few scoop necks, but I do not enjoy them as much as my v-necks. Finding a V-neck sweatshirt that is truly a sweatshirt and not a sweater is indeed a challenge.

Respected Contributor

I must be in the minority because I don't even see my favorites in your pictures.  I like crew necks, shirt collar and, not sure what it is called.... a narrow V, sort of like a pie slice.

Respected Contributor

I like a Jewel Neckline. It's a little lower than a Crew Neck (which I don't see in the illustrations) but not as low as a Scoop Neck.

Honored Contributor

Love Scoop the best, but can also do V Neck-do not care for Boat Neck, but it does look nice on...

Honored Contributor

Halter, racerback, round or v neck.  No really high necks as I find them stifling.

Esteemed Contributor

I tapped into your thread title and before the page loaded I was thinking boatneck/bateau, high cowl, and sweetheart. All have always been hard to find.

Respected Contributor

I like a bateau neckline.
Honored Contributor

Does hoodie count as a neck?  I have no idea why I'm drawn to them, both winter and summer.  Of course I don't wear one every day.

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA , you stole my thunder as your post said exactly what I was going to say about myself and my favorite necklines.  Because of the length and scrawniness of my neck, a turtleneck looks great on me. From the necklines on the chart, I can wear all of them, but never wear v-necks or spaghetti straps.  The jewel, halter, and sabrina are my favorites after the turtleneck. 

@ECBG  That is an interesting chart you found and shared with us.  Thank youWoman Happy

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Does hoodie count as a neck?  I have no idea why I'm drawn to them, both winter and summer.  Of course I don't wear one every day.

@depglass 

Hoodie is a garment not a neckline.  Would you say it is as close to your neck as a round neck?