Super Contributor

I would like to buy a couple of nice winter sweaters that could work with jeans and dress pants. I'm not looking for the large, oversized sweaters that are in all the stores. I'm 5ft 3", they don't do me any favors. I need somehing a bit more fitted. Large, shapeless, baggy, seems to be ALL I find. Can't wear wool, I'm allergic. Any thought where to look? Where are you having the most success finding clothes ?

Trusted Contributor

Christopher and Banks has lovely clothing in a good price range.

Honored Contributor

Talbots!  Best petite clothing I've ever found. 

Honored Contributor

I'm your height wear a size small in most tops at the Q except cuddle duds and Barefoot Dreams I wear medium in those brands. Denim&Co. may be your best bet, they actually offer petite sizing in some of their tops. If you watch the fashion shows, Rachel the petite model is 5ft3 and you can tell on her if the regular size tops will work for you.

Respected Contributor
I second Talbots.
Honored Contributor

@Summer Shine wrote:

I would like to buy a couple of nice winter sweaters that could work with jeans and dress pants. I'm not looking for the large, oversized sweaters that are in all the stores. I'm 5ft 3", they don't do me any favors. I need somehing a bit more fitted. Large, shapeless, baggy, seems to be ALL I find. Can't wear wool, I'm allergic. Any thought where to look? Where are you having the most success finding clothes ?

@Summer Shine  Welcome to my world and difficult fit issues. I have the best luck w/ more fitted, shorter sweaters in petite  at Banana Republic and J Crew...always on sale, of course. 

Trusted Contributor

Land's End

They carry petites with a nice selection of styles to choose from....

Nice quality....currently having a 50% off sale. 

Super Contributor

I can sometimes wear petite sweaters, the sleeve lenght is always better but often overall lenght too short. I'll definitely check these sites though, thanks so much for the advise. My beef is all I seem to find are  baggy, shapeless, sweaters I would like versality to wear dressed up a bit for church, dinner out etc. as well as pair with jeans. Thanks so much , I'm going to start some on line shopping on these sites now!

Honored Contributor
LandsEnd, Chico’s, Coldwater Creek and Soft Surroundings are my go-to sources.
Respected Contributor

Another place to try is a Garnet Hil. They have free shipping now.