Super Contributor

Re: Where to find loose fitting leggings?

Quacker Factory leggings are not too tight. I ordered a pair and I'm happy with them. Not too tight,

Super Contributor

On 9/25/2014 KathyLFan said:
On 9/25/2014 ical said:

If you want the sausage-type leggings (and I have them too), they are tight from the bum to the ankle. If you have them like I do, they have enough spandex in them so they will not sag at the knees and will not be a balloon on the top when you sit, nor will they rise up so high you could go braless (kidding), nor do they hang so low, you're chronically pulling them up for fear you'll have a slot for a dollar in the back.

BUTT, I mean but, the Susan Graver leggings are not any of that (above). They are dressier but not a pant. Hard to imagine, I do understand, because I thought they'd look like giant balloon pants or dumb cheap looking cotton jersey slacks. But no. They are fitting, but not like a tight, highly spandex legging. They are flattering (oh gawd, I sound ilke SG {#emotions_dlg.scared}), but they are flattering, because although they are casual, they are not going to look like something you should not wear to an office environment. You could wear these apple picking and you could wear them to an office or to a doctor's appointment or to your kid's school event and not feel like a dope wearing tight leggings. The material is nice because it does not pill, does not droop at the knees, does not wrinkle, and guess what? They are not a pant, and do not look like a slim-pant. Why? Because they look like a "lady's legging"…they are fitting, but not over-the-top "who the heck poured you into those" type leggings. And they look nice in heels as well as a casual shoe.

And this is the only product I've liked from SG because I don't buy from her due to not liking things I've gotten before.

Ical, do you just have the SG ones w/studs? Do you think #A218564 would be similar in material? I just don't want studs.

Yes, I only have those. But check back, I'm going to try to find the item number for the ones I sent back that didn't have the studs. They had a wider leg at the bottom and I didn't like the look on me.

Update: Wow! So long ago! But: I bought four pairs of the SG Today's Special Value leggings with the studs, quite a while ago. I was going to return them all because they, at first, looked like they gave me "cankles" because you could not see where my ankle ended and my calf began. And, at first, I downright hated them. But because the brown leggings matched something I had been desperately trying to find a legging for, I kept those and because the black had holes in it (from the studs), I decided to do a swap, which I did. I thought I could "fix" the taper of the leg to remove the cankle look, but much to my amazement, the way the legging drapes around the ankle looks nice with heels and even a lower shoe. So I didn't "fix" the brown. The black the same. And they have held up--so well, I am amazed by that.

It's been so long ago, I had to look at all my leggings to see if any other were SG, but it appears, at least for now, I only have these (with the studs). And I actually like them the best because they haven't faded nor have they turned into a bloody mess that you want to toss. Other leggings, I have to replace every so often because I think spandex or the cotton or whatever fiber they use just looks like old socks after a while. But these, I don't know how or why, have held up!

But for you: On another SG legging: I think if the fabric content is the same, the place of origin where made is the same, and if it is the same style but without the studs, you should be okay. There are also some on sale too, and in clearance.

Valued Contributor

On 9/25/2014 KathyLFan said:
On 9/25/2014 hulagirl said:

I think the whole idea of the name leggings implies that they hug the body and leg.......sounds like you're looking for slim fitting pants.

You're not getting what the OP & I are saying - we want slim pants w/stretch, if cotton leggings aren't it, then what item # is? Find me stretchy slim pants on the Q then, give me item #. Thank you. The D&Co. denim leggings were in no way leggings, they were slim jeans. I just want dressier fabric. If not SG, then which D&Co.? The black pants in the denim leggings are just black cotton pants, they're not denim looking, they're not that stretchy, they're not leggings, don't know why they're included as leggings. I'd give an item # but it's worn away w/washing.

Nothing like demanding an item # and a search. Sounds like you need a personal shopper.

Super Contributor

SmileLeggings that are loose are called slim leg pants.

I don't think I've ever seen "loose" leggings. Leggings are supposed to be snug to the body.

I always order up one size in leggings, so they are not as snug but they are still snug and still look like leggings.

JJill has fabulous slim pants, I love theirs.

Super Contributor

On 9/25/2014 imaclotheshog said:

SmileLeggings that are loose are called slim leg pants.

I don't think I've ever seen "loose" leggings. Leggings are supposed to be snug to the body.

I always order up one size in leggings, so they are not as snug but they are still snug and still look like leggings.

JJill has fabulous slim pants, I love theirs.

Let's make up a new word for them:

Pant leggings. Pleggings?

Loose Leggings. Loogings?

Slim pant leggings. Slimpangings?

Trusted Contributor

Go to Landsend.com and search for Starfish slim leggings. They have a slim style that doesn't cling but is just right.
Honored Contributor

I replied once before but I just thought about Denim & Co. having pull on straight leg pants. Now we need to get D&Co. to make them in ponte knit in black, dark charcoal, navy, dark brown.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

On 9/25/2014 sunshine45 said:

J.Jill has roomier leggings and slim fit pants that look similar to a legging. they almost always have coupon codes available and if you get their card you always get an additional 5% off. they have a great clearance section also.

I agree about the Jjill slim fit knit pants! Leggings don't look good on me and even if they did I still don't like that tight feeling on my legs. The JJill slim fit knit pants are a bit pricey but they have sales often and I plan on picking up another pair the next time they have a 40% off storewide sale. For me the fit is just right....very slim but not clingy at all!

Valued Contributor

Thanks to those who answered my question. I appreciate your input.
Will check out your suggestions.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/25/2014 Kathleen said:

I have a couple of pairs of WWC slim leg pants that fit like "loose tights." They fit near waist and just skim my body/legs ... no sausage casing look.

Sorry I don't have an item number. I cut all the labels out of my clothes.

A225789. I have a pair of these and I like them very much. I am a size 10 and ordered a medium. They are not tight, but slim.