Valued Contributor

Where to find loose fitting leggings?

I'm 71 and don't want the normal fitting leggings but would like something a bit loose. Is there such a thing?

If I go up several sizes, think they will be baggy in the upper portion and too long.

Respected Contributor

Re: Where to find loose fitting leggings?

I'm looking for the same thing.

Honored Contributor

Denim and company makes boot cut leggings. A42907

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

I bought leggings, a long while ago (so I don't know if they are still around, but they might be). I didn't like them because they were not snug leggings. But if you want them to hang more than cling, the leggings were by Susan Graver. If I remember correctly, they were called "straight leg leggings", but I am not certain. If I can find them, I'll come back and give the item number, they are not on my returns list. Again, I only returned them, not because they were not made well, I was seeking something different.

UPDATE:

I can't find any that say "straight leg", but she has a tremendous amount of leggings, imo.

There is a legging I did keep from her, it is this legging:

http://www.qvc.com/Susan-Graver-Stretch-Cotton-29-Ankle-Length-Leggings-wStud-Detail.product.A19949...

Now the ankle "studs" really are just little dots of gold, and not "biker studs", lol. And they are not clingy, nor do they grab your legs at the calf and do not strangle your ankles. They hang like an uncreased pant and there is no pilling; no squishy sausage feel; no wrinkles; no problem washing; and comfy too! They look nice because they taper in, just enough (on mine, at least) so it does not give the "cankle effect" when looked at from afar.

Also, one problem when I got mine. Look carefully at the entire garment, put your hand in and run the length, all the way around, as if looking for a run in a pair of pantyhose. Why? Because I believe when they put the studs on, sometimes if someone does not know how to put the studs in, they poke holes in the garment which do not run, but there may be a tiny hole. This happened and I sent them back and was sent back another pair with no problems. But check, just in case. I may have gotten the "training day" pair, lol!

Good luck!

Super Contributor

I just did a review for the Women in Control Leggings. I am 68 and 5'2" and was hesitant to buy leggings-I just received these and they fit good. They glide over my swollen knees that I have from surgeries. I would never wear them if they had been tight. Been there, done that.

Honored Contributor

You might consider a slim "knit" pant instead.

I like the Starfish line from Land's End.

Here is the legging, for comparison-

And here is the slim leg pant-

Regular Contributor

Another vote for Susan Graver cotton blend leggings. I love the way they look and feel. They are loose, feel more like pants than leggings. I just ordered some more. They are a steal imo for around $30 + shipping.

Respected Contributor

Agree with above. You want a slim knit pant.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

Help - WHICH Susan Graver cotton leggings? She has 21 of them! Please give item # where they fit like slim pants, THANK YOU!

Honored Contributor

J.Jill has roomier leggings and slim fit pants that look similar to a legging. they almost always have coupon codes available and if you get their card you always get an additional 5% off. they have a great clearance section also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein