Esteemed Contributor

Where to buy "pretty" and effective masks?

The need to wear masks will, I believe, extend for a long time. I would like some masks that are well made and attractive. Anybody have recommendations where to go online to buy them?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where to buy "pretty" and effective masks?

Etsy, Amazon and Ebay.  I have also found several sources locally for cute and effective (and inexpensive) masks locally.  I complimented an employee on their mask (twice, two different stores) and they steered my to other employees who are making and selling them (all I had to do was ask and they had them handy).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@patbz @Goldengate8361 

Whatever you end up with please do the candle test. You shouldn't be able to blow out a candle while you're wearing it.

I made my own mask and even as thick as it was I was able to put out my lighter right in front of my face!

Valued Contributor

If you go to People magazines website they have several different websites listed with links of where to get masks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goldengate8361   I like masks that tie in the back.  Lucky Brand offered a 5 pack of chambray looking masks for $25, free shipping.  When I bought the 5 pack they donated 5 to homeless and vulnerable people. 

Lucky Brand: Buy 5 masks & we'll donate 5 #LuckyTogether | Milled

Those sold out with the quickness and they are now offering a 5 pack of striped masks.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

i have a few from Amazon, but they take like 16 weeks to arrive and most are not that great. i think many on Etsy look a little too home made and not great quality. Havent really tried ebay. i guess my point is...masks are here to stay and since you wear it on your face, i would like a great quality mask that is very tasteful.

Honored Contributor

I bought some on Amazon took for ever

I also get some from Mask Passion, Headcovers Unlimited, and Refried Sportswear

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

OLD NAVY has some nice 100% cotton triple layer masks. They are fairly inexpensive too. Five for $12.50.

They offer free shipping for a $25 order..so get two packs,  They also have children's sizes.

Honored Contributor

Pretty and effective?  That seems like an oxymoron.  Is that even possible or does it exist?

I predict as soon as it gets good and hot, all masks will go by the wayside.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  You may be right, but i kind of think that masks will be a routine part of the new normal. It seems to me that a mask could, indeed, be made that is very effective and is attractive and tastefully made. I wouldnt mind paying more for it either. I think of it sort of like buying a good handbag or a nice pair of shoes. Time will tell if they become  mainstays or not.