Esteemed Contributor

@Still Stylish Lady wrote:

SAdly we had to cancel our trip. We were tp fly in and out of Buffalo NY. Enough said. Our daughter there is socked in ,but does have power. 

I needed a leather suit, boots, and gloves here for Sunday service as it was down to 40ºF here in Fort Myers. BRRR.

@Still Stylish Lady 

I understand your problem and sympathize.  Our son and DIL were supposed to fly here for a Christmas visit.  They live in Chicago.  As you can probably guess, that visit didn't happen!  They will be coming in mid January instead.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@Still Stylish Lady  Did you survice Ian OK?  Thought about you.  So much damage on the coast.

My daughter lost her upper floor in the house on Little Gasparilla.

Super Contributor

We were fortunate. Our newer roof held up. We lost a small tre in front. Some of our neighbors were not so lucky. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Where is @StylishLady?

[ Edited ]

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Still Stylish Lady wrote:

SAdly we had to cancel our trip. We were tp fly in and out of Buffalo NY. Enough said. Our daughter there is socked in ,but does have power. 

I needed a leather suit, boots, and gloves here for Sunday service as it was down to 40ºF here in Fort Myers. BRRR.

@Still Stylish Lady 

I understand your problem and sympathize.  Our son and DIL were supposed to fly here for a Christmas visit.  They live in Chicago.  As you can probably guess, that visit didn't happen!  They will be coming in mid January instead.

@shoesnbags 

We had relatives leave Chicago Thursday morning and made it in by noon.  Not sure when they are slated to return. After January 1.  They had a 2-week vacation.  They plan to visit with several relatives in the area and plan to see us later this week.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday 

Daughter in law had to work so their reservations were for Friday night.  That would have been during the storm.  They would have been returning late Monday into Midway via Southwest Airlines.  If you've been watching or reading the news today you know what's currently happening with Southwest flights.  So happy they're not caught up in that mess!  We'll be seeing them in a couple of weeks when everything has settled down.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett