Contributor

Where is Stan Herman this year?

I haven't seemed to see a Stan Herman show in a long time and there aren't any scheduled.  I was hoping to see a show before Christmas.  Does anyone know where he is?

Honored Contributor

Re: Where is Stan Herman this year?

he was just on a few days ago.......i dont think he had an entire hour, but he was featuring new items.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I too am in support of SH and have posted several times and commented on his FB page.  My specific request is going back to his roots...with a 100% chenille zip robe.   He recently had a new robe on for $39. and it was poly!  UGH!   I don't mind an increase in price if I can get what I want.  When I think of SH I do think of 100% cotton chenille and beautiful robes.   If he is going to be on, now, only occasionally....why not bring what he is famous for?

Esteemed Contributor

I always enjoyed watching Stan Herman and bought several of his robes. I wish I'd kept them over the years because those were the days when QVC allowed their clothing vendors and designers to use natural fibers and quality construction. Those days are gone. It's a shame.

Trusted Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

I too am in support of SH and have posted several times and commented on his FB page.  My specific request is going back to his roots...with a 100% chenille zip robe.   He recently had a new robe on for $39. and it was poly!  UGH!   I don't mind an increase in price if I can get what I want.  When I think of SH I do think of 100% cotton chenille and beautiful robes.   If he is going to be on, now, only occasionally....why not bring what he is famous for?

I agree with you and wish we could get those old robes back!  They were amazing but the quality started to slip years ago and then went to all poly.  I too would pay more for quality but don't think that will happen.

Honored Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

The last couple of years Stan had chenille robes, there were loads of complaints about their poor quality.  It was said they shed profusely every time they were washed.  Finally, they just discontinued them. There must be a problem finding a suitable manufacturer.  Maybe they got too expensive to make.

I've seen Stan on several times the past few months but it has been late at night.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hannah,

Most Millenials (the Q's people of interest) do not appreciate this fabulous and legendary leisure wear designer. I only wish I had purchased 10 of his 100% cotton chenille bath robes back in the day. Sadly, I don't think the fabric is even manufactured anymore since we sold our souls to China. Thanks NAFTA. I would gladly pay $100 + for a robe of that quality. His bed jackets are true Hollywood glamour.  Put one on when you are home in bed with the flu and I guarantee you will feel better! (and even if you don't you will look fab).

Do you think there is enough interest to get him a My Favorite Brand shout out? It would be nice even if we could just use it to comment on vintage sleepwear we remember wearing or our mother, gramdmother, etc wearing.