Regular Contributor

Where is Gary on Denim & Company this Sunday?

Gary said he was going to be in the studio on Sunday's shows.  Did anyone hear if he mentioned why he is not there? In person vendors are much easier to watch.

Regular Contributor

Re: Where is Gary on Denim & Company this Sunday?

Gary is an employee of QVC as the designer for denim and companySmiley Very Happy, he is not a vendor FYI.

Honored Contributor

Turn your tv on!!!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I believe he was supposed to be back in the studio a couple of weeks ago.  Several weeks back Carolyn was making a big deal about it during a D&Co show.   He is still remote.

Esteemed Contributor

He was in the studio for last week's Sunday show.  Maybe for now, he will just be in person occasionally.

Honored Contributor

I assumed that he would not necessarily be back every week immediately.  I figured they're bringing people back into the studio gradually, depending on the situation in the area.

Also, now that the remote appearances have become common, I would imagine that sometimes it would be more convenient for the guest/vendor not to have to travel to the studio.

But to answer your question--no, I haven't heard a reason why he's not in person today,

Honored Contributor

@SewHappy2 wrote:

Gary said he was going to be in the studio on Sunday's shows.  Did anyone hear if he mentioned why he is not there? In person vendors are much easier to watch.

@SewHappy2   You're right, Gary was back in the studio starting May 15 for Sundays only. 

But, in a show I saw yesterday, there were two hosts (I cannot remember which two it was) and they mentioned QVC is back to social distancing.  They were standing about 6-ft apart again on set, rather than the closer stance hosts were standing recently.

So it's entirely possible that Gary was told by management to go back to Skyping until further notice.  

Respected Contributor

It sounds like they may have had some cases and are trying to limit exposures. I am not familiar with Pennsylvania's situation, but I saw that Las Vegas wastewater is showing an uptick in cases. Los Angeles is having increased cases as well.

Honored Contributor

Also, remember the Zuda shorts TSV recently?

In the TSV midnight hour, the Zuda rep was standing with the host (one on each side of the clothes rack) in the studio. 

But by the later morning's presentations, the Zuda rep was still on set, but standing farther away from the host, and they shot those  shows using a split screen. 

Honored Contributor

@On It   Also, Shawn posted on her Instagram page last Sunday that her family had gotten sick and are quarantining.  She said she's back tomorrow night.