Occasional Contributor

Where is GEORGE SIMONTON?

[ Edited ]

I noticed almost all of George Simonton's items are on clearance.  Given the reduced prices and lack of new items, I wonder what is happening with this collection.   I just took an inventory of my closet, and I seriously don't have enough George Simonton to last the rest of my life.  I saw rumors on the "Goodbye to George Simonton" string, but I don't want to believe it. Does anyone know the inside scoop? 

Honored Contributor

Re: PROTEST! Where is GEORGE SIMONTON?!!

[ Edited ]

@SerafinaNYC wrote:

Looks like all of George Simonton's items are on clearance.  Given the reduced prices and lack of new items, I fear the absolute worst - a QVC discontinuation.  I just took an inventory of my closet, and only have 20 George Simonton items to last me the rest of my life.   I'm freaking out.   I saw rumors on the "Goodbye to George Simonton" string, but I don't want to believe it.   Does anyone know the inside scoop?   If the rumors are true, I want to protest!   George Simonton is a HUGE part of the QVC experience and I'm sure I'm not the only one who will miss his presence and his sensational fashions!   George Simonton should be on QVC forever.

That thread you referenced had speculation only due to a lot of his clothes being on clearance and his infrequent appearances.   Until you know what the facts are, please don't be upset esp. at QVC.  Given George's age, perhaps it was his decision not to continue the line, if in fact it's going or gone.  I hope a QVC employees comes here to tell us what the official word is.  Until then, it's just conjecture.   For his sake, if the line is going to disappear, I hope George has either chosen to retire or just has too much on his plate and at his age is taking on less.  Whatever the situation is, I wish George well and will enjoy the few clothes of his I own.  

Maybe you should have started a thread addressed to the QVC social media people asking them for an official response about George, rather than have another thread like the first one. Posters only do have rumors.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@SerafinaNYC wrote:

Looks like all of George Simonton's items are on clearance.  Given the reduced prices and lack of new items, I fear the absolute worst - a QVC discontinuation.  I just took an inventory of my closet, and only have 20 George Simonton items to last me the rest of my life.   I'm freaking out.   I saw rumors on the "Goodbye to George Simonton" string, but I don't want to believe it.   Does anyone know the inside scoop?   If the rumors are true, I want to protest!   George Simonton is a HUGE part of the QVC experience and I'm sure I'm not the only one who will miss his presence and his sensational fashions!   George Simonton should be on QVC forever.

That thread you referenced had speculation only due to a lot of his clothes being on clearance and his infrequent appearances.   Until you know what the facts are, please don't be upset esp. at QVC.  Given George's age, perhaps it was his decision not to continue the line, if in fact it's going or gone.  I hope a QVC employees comes here to tell us what the official word is.  Until then, it's just conjecture.   For his sake, if the line is going to disappear, I hope George has either chosen to retire or just has too much on his plate and at his age is taking on less.  Whatever the situation is, I wish George well and will enjoy the few clothes of his I own.  

Maybe you should have started a thread addressed to the QVC social media people asking them for an official response about George, rather than have another thread like the first one. Posters only do have rumors.

I want George back also ! Not ready to give such a wonderful gentleman up. However, I wouldn't blame him if he is wanting to lighten his load or even retire. He has put eons into his craft and teachings. There comes a time in life when we hang up our apron and say to ourselves "job well done!"

Respected Contributor

His FB has been quiet since June, no posts

Esteemed Contributor

His styles seemed to be caught some where between the 1930's and 1960.  Ruffles and fussy don't work for me any more.  Bye George (stuck on himself)

Honored Contributor

I loved his "cold shoulder" tops, and have several in my closet from years ago. He seemed to have started the trend, which is still popular.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

His styles seemed to be caught some where between the 1930's and 1960.  Ruffles and fussy don't work for me any more.  Bye George (stuck on himself)

@fthunt  ITA!  He may WANT to be done with QVC.....he is no spring chicken and with teaching, selling on QVC may just be too much for him at this point.  His style is out of date.....and I never knew anyone who gives himself so many compliments..... See ya later George!

Honored Contributor

Re: Where is GEORGE SIMONTON?

i'm a huge fan of George Simonton.  Class all the way!!!!  I'll truly miss him if he's gone from QVC.  I've always loved hearing him describe the construction of his items.  He's a delight to watch.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.  Just to clarify, I'm not upset with anyone.   I just love the George Simonton Collection and I am curious to what is happening.  I would be disappointed if there comes a time when we no longer can buy his items on QVC.   Perhaps my 3am blog was too strong, thanks for calling me out on that.

Super Contributor

Re: Where is GEORGE SIMONTON?

@SerafinaNYC wrote:

I noticed almost all of George Simonton's items are on clearance.  Given the reduced prices and lack of new items, I wonder what is happening with this collection.   I just took an inventory of my closet, and I seriously don't have enough George Simonton to last the rest of my life.  I saw rumors on the "Goodbye to George Simonton" string, but I don't want to believe it. Does anyone know the inside scoop? 

I hope you'll get to see and purchase more of your favorite!  I've always liked George.  Haven't bought any of his designs, but I enjoy watching him and he's always been a class act.