Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Where is GEORGE SIMONTON?

I don't understand the anger towards QVC, nor do I understand the need some have to insult other designers/brands.   If they have discontinued the George Simonton brand, it's because it wasn't selling enough to justify carrying it.   It's no different than a grocery store replacing one brand that wasn't selling with one that does.   I wish George all the best.  I saw maybe two of his presentations, and he seems like a very likeable man, but I don't recall his items selling out during presentations (if I'm wrong, I will happily stand corrected), and unfortunately his likeability didn't translate into sales numbers that would give QVC reason to keep buying his designs.     

Frequent Contributor

@insomniac wrote:

He "has not been invited back"--who is the insane person in charge of QVC??????

Insanity has nothing to do with it.   It's all about the numbers.   If George Simonton has not been invited back, it's because his clothing isn't selling sufficiently to justify carrying the line.

Honored Contributor

@65and fabulous wrote:

I think we have H by Halston now as the new favorite.

I too appreciated George's beautiful demeanor and his thoughts on fashion. Classy Guy!

H by Halston does seem to be very popular right now along with Logo. Neither is a fave of mine as I prefer more tailored clothes. I never bought any of George's clothes, but when I did see him on air he seemed very knowledgeable and gentlemanly.