Trusted Contributor

Re: Where is GEORGE SIMONTON?

There are only a handful of true designers left at QVC i.e. Isaac, Susan, Louis, Dennis & George if he is still there.  Liz Claiborne NY, H By Halston are all part of the Investment company that Isaac, Judith Ripka and Laura Geller sold their companies to.  These investment companies have their own sources they go to for design and manufacturering  though I'm sure Isaac is still involved with his.   BTW, George is still doing things outside QVC.    He just introduced a beauitful winter coat collection which is being sold at Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom and its either Saks or Neiman's.  He had one last year at this time in the same stores and they must have done well otherwise he would not be back again this year.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Danielle46 wrote:

There are only a handful of true designers left at QVC i.e. Isaac, Susan, Louis, Dennis & George if he is still there.  Liz Claiborne NY, H By Halston are all part of the Investment company that Isaac, Judith Ripka and Laura Geller sold their companies to.  These investment companies have their own sources they go to for design and manufacturering  though I'm sure Isaac is still involved with his.   BTW, George is still doing things outside QVC.    He just introduced a beauitful winter coat collection which is being sold at Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom and its either Saks or Neiman's.  He had one last year at this time in the same stores and they must have done well otherwise he would not be back again this year.

You didn't mention Bob Mackie who is probably the original QVC vendor-designer.

I say Lori Goldstein is (who is well recognized as a designer - just Google her) although I know many here would disagree.

I've posted many times on these Simonton threads - people should not jump to conclusions about why he seems to be disappearing from QVC before they know the facts and circumstances.  So far it's all speculation.

Honored Contributor

via facebook 12/26/15:

George Simonton

thank all of you for your concern so many of you have expressed concern thinking I was sick but the truth is i'am well but sad I was told I would be put on hold but I have not been invited back . but I wish them all the best of luck always and to my Friends & Fans please have a Blessed and Healthy New Year !!! 😇💕

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

He "has not been invited back"--who is the insane person in charge of QVC??????

Respected Contributor

I think this is a shame that George was not asked to comeback. He is a REAL designer with different styles that are always flattering to women. Unlike "designers" like LG who has one pattern and just changes materials.I think QVC wants to begin to cater to the younger crowd but I have news for them us "baby boomers" have some serious buying power.!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I bet Bob Mackie is the next one....I haven't seen him on lately.

Honored Contributor

Maybe it was George's decision and not QVC's - why place so much blame on QVC without knowint the real story?  Even George's statement says he doesn't miss the travel.  Maybe he called it quits with QVC.  There's another thread here about vendors who have bought homes near QVC - maybe Geroge just didn't want the hassle of that or staying in motels.  I can't blame him if that's the case.  But the anger at QVC is not justified until  all the facts are known.

Respected Contributor

If you read the post by sunshine45 from Facebook,  it does not sound like George's departure was voluntary. QVC powers that be do not always make the best decisions and a lot end up on other channels.

Esteemed Contributor

I always enjoyed George. He is such a dear, sweet, gentle man. I will miss him. 

Honored Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

If you read the post by sunshine45 from Facebook,  it does not sound like George's departure was voluntary. QVC powers that be do not always make the best decisions and a lot end up on other channels.

i agree and I stand corrected.  Let the venting toward QVC continue then.......